Forum Home» Referrers

Igloo energy referral thread

New Post Advanced Search

Referrers Board

We’re struggling at the moment with the huge volumes of messages we’re getting from Forumites about coronavirus and the impact it’s having on their finances. We’re a small team, with limited resources, but we’re doing our best to manage this spike in demand.

At this time, we need your help more than ever so that we can focus our energy on helping the millions of people affected by coronavirus. For now, we plan to leave the Referrers Board open, but we ask that you only post on here within the Referral Board rules especially of once only per referral and on the correct threads. As always please keep it friendly and within the forum rules.

Thank you for your help and understanding at this really difficult time.

Igloo energy referral thread

edited 3 July at 1:31PM in Referrers
46 replies 1.7K views
BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
47.4K posts
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭✭✭✭
edited 3 July at 1:31PM in Referrers
No referral splitting allowed if it  requires sharing personal information like emails etc . Forum rule so it's not open to debate.

Only post your referral once in the thread in the thread.

No deleting your earlier post and reposting
Links in my signature currently broken
I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Replies

• edited 1 July at 3:18PM
    roddydogsroddydogs Forumite
    7.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 July at 3:18PM
    Seems a bit strange to jump on Igloo, a la Nationwide, how about all the other split offers?

• BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    47.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slowly going through the other threads as I spot them 
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • roddydogsroddydogs Forumite
    7.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, all splits are now banned?
  • edited 1 July at 4:49PM
    Psyduck1980Psyduck1980 Forumite
    119 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary
    edited 1 July at 4:49PM
    I used Bazwaldo’s link and I can highly recommend him. If anyone wants to use mine here it is. £50 credit for both parties. 
    47.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    roddydogs said:
    So, all splits are now banned?
    Yes , all splitting that requires personal details , email address , PayPal , bank account details etc.

• roddydogsroddydogs Forumite
    7.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://refer.igloo.energy/rodj1663        referral code for £50 each.
  • edited 2 July at 10:36AM
    NanTNanT Forumite
    27 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 2 July at 10:36AM
    So you are allowed to offer referral splits in Amazon codes in your referral post, which in reality means nothing has changed. You will still PM the referrer as before and they will still send you the money by PayPal or bank transfer as they do now as that is what most members want. Obviously for those few who prefer Amazon vouchers they can have them aswell just as they could before. The referrer will pay you in whatever method you want. 
    Very unfortunate for recent posters on the old thread as now all the old posters can now re post their referral.
    Apart from that this change hasn't made any difference whatsoever. 
  • edited 2 July at 10:56AM
    bristolleedsfanbristolleedsfan Forumite
    8.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 2 July at 10:56AM
    @ NanT, someone offering xxx Amazon gift certificate codes by PM as a thank you for using individual link is not the same as a referral split and does not breach forum rules as it is merely a free gift that does not involve sharing any personal details :)

"You will still PM the referrer as before and  ....."   Some of us have been paying referral splits for years thus likely to receive Pms anyway asking if still offering a split particularly as in many cases have become online friends :)
    47.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any hinting of referral splitting will be dealt with by forumteam.

Any wholesale disregard of the rules will end up in the whole section being permanently closed. 

Any further debate posts will be  removed. Site feedback is the correct area for policy questions

Referral links only from now on