Forum Home» Credit Cards

Post Office Credit Card

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Post Office Credit Card

25 replies 1.3K views
Hammer_TimeHammer_Time Forumite
319 posts
Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
✭✭
I have just received an email stating on the 12 September Jaja finance ltd is taking over from PO Credit Card. I only use this card for holidays, they say the 0% fees stay the same, I have never heard of them, has anyone had any dealings with them good or bad?

Replies

• edited 30 June at 8:00AM
    wiseonesomeofthetimewiseonesomeofthetime Forumite
    559 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    edited 30 June at 8:00AM
    You can find out more about https://jaja.co.uk/ here.

Mobile app based credit provider, still in start up, however, getting bigger.

I've been on their waiting list two years and so far nothing. Can't comment on their efficiency yet then.

https://jaja.co.uk/all-stories/an-update-on-progress/
  • hebbershebbers Forumite
    1 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I also had email & no Idea who jaja are. Hope they honour PO charges as I use the card when abroad.
    Would anyone know, if I had to make a section 75 claim after the changeover date, would a claim still be valid and be with bank of ireland and the retailer, even though bank of ireland would no longer be the provider
  • dr_adidas01dr_adidas01 Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    hebbers said:
    I also had email & no Idea who jaja are. Hope they honour PO charges as I use the card when abroad.
    Would anyone know, if I had to make a section 75 claim after the changeover date, would a claim still be valid and be with bank of ireland and the retailer, even though bank of ireland would no longer be the provider

No you would have to do it with the new provider JaJa obviously as Bank of Ireland are no longer the provider of your card.
    Time is a path from the past to the future and back again. The present is the crossroads of both. :cool:
  • Me too !!
    I thought it some kind of scam at first !
    Because I had never heard of them either.
    Thanks for the heads up.
  • gt94sss2gt94sss2 Forumite
    4.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm an existing Jaja customer and there are no f/x charges on my card.
    If you make a section 75 claim after the changeover, it will be valid and will be via Jaja
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • vacheronvacheron Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭
    I got the letter on Saturday, must admit at the time "Jaja Finance" sounded as fly by night as they come, but a quick google did the trick. 

I might have been more interested to receive this information had I not closed my post office card over 6 months ago!  
    • The rich buy assets.
    • The poor only have expenses.
    • The middle class buy liabilities they think are assets.
    Robert T. Kiyosaki
  • Steve_LSteve_L Forumite
    338 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    For some reason, not a name that inspires confidence ...

"Life is much/far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it." Oscar Wilde, in "Vera; or, The Nihilists” (much), then "Lady Windermere's Fan" (far).

• gt94sss2gt94sss2 Forumite
    4.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe Jaja means Yes in Norwegian efficient which is where some of the founders come from
  • davew62davew62 Forumite
    5 posts
    Second Anniversary First Post
    When Jaja takes over the Purchase Protection Insurance will be cancelledwhat impact (if any) will this have?
    Does it mean Jaja will not honour section 75 claims? 
  • edited 1 July at 9:47AM
    zx81zx81 Forumite
    30.4K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 July at 9:47AM
    davew62 said:
    When Jaja takes over the Purchase Protection Insurance will be cancelledwhat impact (if any) will this have?
    Does it mean Jaja will not honour section 75 claims?
    It means they will no longer offer insurance to protect your purchases.

Nothing to do with section 75.