Forum Home» Phones & TV» Mobiles

NHS discount -now costs £10

New Post Advanced Search

NHS discount -now costs £10

5 replies 172 views
cp00009cp00009 Forumite
2 posts
First Post
I upgraded my Vodafone mobile yesterday and was told there is now a £10 charge to continue to receive the 15% discount as an NHS worker. I have never been charged this before having been a Vodafone customer for many years. This seems a very bad business decision especially in light of the current pandemic and the hard work of all of those in the NHS.

Replies

• mrochestermrochester Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    cp00009 said:
    I upgraded my Vodafone mobile yesterday and was told there is now a £10 charge to continue to receive the 15% discount as an NHS worker. I have never been charged this before having been a Vodafone customer for many years. This seems a very bad business decision especially in light of the current pandemic and the hard work of all of those in the NHS.

I paid £10 for the Vodafone NHS advantage scheme back in 2017 so it’s been like this for a while. 
  • chisterychistery Forumite
    105 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Indeed, not new at all. You may have got away without paying it before, but the Advantage discount has had a fee for years.
  • cp00009cp00009 Forumite
    2 posts
    First Post
    I have clearly been lucky or unobservant so thank you for letting me know. However, it still doesn't feel right to charge to get a discount -it is the principle rather than the amount.
  • simaxsimax Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    If you’re unhappy paying the £10 fee, then don’t and pay full price. Your call.
    I spent 25 years in the mobile industry, from 1994 to 2019. Worked for indies as well as the big networks, in their stores also in contact centres. I also hold a degree in telecoms engineering so I like to think I know what I’m talking about 😂
  • Paully28Paully28 Forumite
    187 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Is the discounted price including the £10 better than you can get elsewhere?