Forum Home» Energy» LPG, Heating Oil, Solid & Other Fuels

Storage heaters vs electric radiators, or mixture of both

New Post Advanced Search

Storage heaters vs electric radiators, or mixture of both

2 replies 103 views
ros_minskyros_minsky Forumite
3 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
Hi, I live in a small flat (owned) which only has electricity on Economy 7.  I need to replace at least one of the three storage heaters but am wondering if this is the way forward for me.  I am at home quite a lot during the daytime but, obviously, am finding the storage heaters run down by the afternoon.  Is it feasible to have some storage and some elec radiators?  I am looking at Rointe as they are cheaper than replacing storage heaters but am aware they will cost me dear during daytime hours.  An practical advice would be appreciated.

Replies

• Richie-from-the-BoroRichie-from-the-Boro Forumite
    6.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the wrong sub forum.

Read this thread amongst many others and realise what a close shave you and your worth had in relation to Fischer Rionte etal: 

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3516223/fischer-storage-heaters.
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • matelodavematelodave Forumite
    5.6K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's three posts that you've put up - if you want answers just use one (not on this one) - check the electricity forum and choose the one that people are actually answering you on
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers