Forum Home» Charities

Why so fxxxixg difficult

New Post Advanced Search

Charities Board

We’re struggling at the moment with the huge volumes of messages we’re getting from Forumites about coronavirus and the impact it’s having on their finances. We’re a small team, with limited resources, but we’re doing our best to manage this spike in demand.

At this time, please note the Charities Board should only be used by registered charities and not include personal posts. I’m afraid we will have to delete any posts that aren’t from a registered charity. If you are facing personal financial difficulties at the moment, please use MSE’s coronavirus guides – they contain all the info we have and are constantly being updated:
Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights

Why so fxxxixg difficult

5 replies 358 views
roddydogsroddydogs Forumite
7.1K posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭
Trying to give money to a charatie, filled in everything (3 times) but stuck on "securecode" it will not accept my sc password, but if I try to set a new password (as asked) it will not accept that either. What gives?

Replies

• Robin9Robin9 Forumite
    7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this the charities website or what? 
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • tacpot12tacpot12 Forumite
    3.7K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure that you were on the charity's own website, and not a fake one? I would be suspicious about having to set a new password. Might be worth speaking to your bank asap. 
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • SeaVixenSeaVixen Forumite
    202 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Agree with @tacpot12 - check you're on the correct site, particularly if it's one of the big charities. 

It sounds like the secure code might be part of your bank's security protocol and not related to the charity. If it looks like this might be the case, call your bank to get it sorted.

If it's definitely the charity's website, let the charity know. Send them a polite email explaining the issues you've been having, your browser, and a screenshot if possible. It might be something they can fix, and they will probably appreciate you telling them. 
  • Robin9Robin9 Forumite
    7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    roddydogs has been active on several other threads so presumably has been able to answer his own question. Still it would be good to know as it may help others.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • SeaVixenSeaVixen Forumite
    202 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Robin9 said:
    roddydogs has been active on several other threads so presumably has been able to answer his own question. Still it would be good to know as it may help others.
    True it would 
    What happened in the end @roddydogs ?