New Post Advanced Search

Playstation 5 reveal

10 replies 155 views
donnajunkiedonnajunkie Forumite
32.3K posts
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
✭✭✭✭✭
i just finished watching the ps5 reveal that showcased many games and the console itself. Follow the link to watch it. Be aware though that you need to fast forward past the first hour as there's nothing to see in that. This is because it was a live broadcast and they must have started broadcasting an hour before it started. There is about 1 and a quarter hours dedicated to showing off games with a few minutes of the console itself at the end.
https://youtu.be/RuLci-lSeCo

Replies

• Bigphil1474Bigphil1474 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I like the look of the PS5 - looks way better than the new Xbox. And it's good it comes with a disk player. Can't see me buying it until at least Xmas 2021 though. Still got a few games I haven't started on PS4 particularly a couple with the PSVR. Unless it comes with backwards compatibility, I'll be holding off for a while - and no news on cost obviously.
  • CRISPIANNE3CRISPIANNE3 Forumite
    707 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭
    We viewed it on You Tube this am and are definately getting one. 
  • donnajunkiedonnajunkie Forumite
    32.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the look of the PS5 - looks way better than the new Xbox. And it's good it comes with a disk player. Can't see me buying it until at least Xmas 2021 though. Still got a few games I haven't started on PS4 particularly a couple with the PSVR. Unless it comes with backwards compatibility, I'll be holding off for a while - and no news on cost obviously.
    I heard it does have backward compatibility. I need it to get alot cheaper before I consider one also. You have PSVR? Have you played resident evil 7 on it? That can be played with vr and I hear its great. I have played it without vr and loved it. 
  • edited 12 June at 8:14PM
    Marvel1Marvel1 Forumite
    5.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 12 June at 8:14PM
    Will be atching it later, looking forward to it, even thought don't plan on buying until at least 2 years after while they still release games for PS4 and PS5, unless they release an exclusive a game for PS5 I really want to play.

I only bought a PS4 as Batman: Arkham Knight was for PS4 only and my second ever pre-order game.

Also the fact there are few games I want to play on the PS4 and PSVR, I only just finished Assassins Creed: Odyssey - 160 hours or more (including the DLC)!  And finding the time.
  • edited 12 June at 8:17PM
    Marvel1Marvel1 Forumite
    5.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 12 June at 8:17PM
    I heard it does have backward compatibility. I need it to get alot cheaper before I consider one also. You have PSVR? Have you played resident evil 7 on it? That can be played with vr and I hear its great. I have played it without vr and loved it. 
    I can't play horror games on it,  some scenes of Rush of Blood was bad enough :D
    32.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marvel1 said:
    Will be atching it later, looking forward to it, even thought don't plan on buying until at least 2 years after while they still release games for PS4 and PS5, unless they release an exclusive a game for PS5 I really want to play.

I only bought a PS4 as Batman: Arkham Knight was for PS4 only and my second ever pre-order game.

Also the fact there are few games I want to play on the PS4 and PSVR, I only just finished Assassins Creed: Odyssey - 160 hours or more (including the DLC)!  And finding the time.
    I loved arkham asylum but went off the series with arkham city which i thought was terrible apart from better graphics and being able to play as catwoman. 
    I think i got well over 200 hours in on assassins creed odyssey, it’s massive but theres far too many identical side missions. Its the only game i have managed to 100% on on the trophies. I prefer the previous game origins.
    32.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marvel1 said:
    I can't play horror games on it,  some scenes of Rush of Blood was bad enough :D
    You can play it without vr. I did that because i dont have vr. It is scary at times. If you are unsure try watching clips of the game on youtube and see what you think. The premise of the game is you go to rescue your wife who is trapped in a house occupied by a family of psychos and other things. You then have to try and save yourself and your wife, a story unravels as you play the game.
  • Marvel1Marvel1 Forumite
    5.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    After watching the reveal, only 2 games in interested in was the new spiderman and Hitman 3.  I need to to the bank mission in 2 now.  Complety off topic, but I find replaying a level in Hitman hard, as the excitement and exploring has gone as I did already even though are multiple ways to kill.

Marvel1 said:
    I heard it does have backward compatibility. I need it to get alot cheaper before I consider one also. You have PSVR? Have you played resident evil 7 on it? That can be played with vr and I hear its great. I have played it without vr and loved it. 
    You can play it without vr. I did that because i dont have vr. It is scary at times. If you are unsure try watching clips of the game on youtube and see what you think. The premise of the game is you go to rescue your wife who is trapped in a house occupied by a family of psychos and other things. You then have to try and save yourself and your wife, a story unravels as you play the game.
    I don't play much horror games even before VR, not my type (more to do with survival aspect and charging you).  Wanted to try it on VR just to experience it, and well the experience is there!

Marvel1 said:

I loved arkham asylum but went off the series with arkham city which i thought was terrible apart from better graphics and being able to play as catwoman. 
    I think i got well over 200 hours in on assassins creed odyssey, it’s massive but theres far too many identical side missions. Its the only game i have managed to 100% on on the trophies. I prefer the previous game origins.
    One thing i learnt from this after origins was don't bother with the forts or other ? marks while doing my own thing, as the side/main missions take me there anyway and I have to clear it again.

I never got bored of it either, there were still loads of ? marks left undiscovered.  But done with it now.
    32.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marvel1 said:
    After watching the reveal, only 2 games in interested in was the new spiderman and Hitman 3.  I need to to the bank mission in 2 now.  Complety off topic, but I find replaying a level in Hitman hard, as the excitement and exploring has gone as I did already even though are multiple ways to kill.

Marvel1 said:
    I heard it does have backward compatibility. I need it to get alot cheaper before I consider one also. You have PSVR? Have you played resident evil 7 on it? That can be played with vr and I hear its great. I have played it without vr and loved it. 
    I don't play much horror games even before VR, not my type (more to do with survival aspect and charging you).  Wanted to try it on VR just to experience it, and well the experience is there!

Marvel1 said:

One thing i learnt from this after origins was don't bother with the forts or other ? marks while doing my own thing, as the side/main missions take me there anyway and I have to clear it again.

I never got bored of it either, there were still loads of ? marks left undiscovered.  But done with it now.
    I havent played a hitman game, they dont do enough to lure me ahead of other games that catch my eye. There were plenty of games that looked appealing in the reveal, i couldnt name alot off the top of my head though. It was mainly new franchises that appealed and also the resident evil 8 and horizon forbidden west. I have played and loved the previous games in those two series though.
    i like doing the forts in assassins creed. What i had in mind when i mentioned too many identical missions in odyssey is those missions where you go to a cave that is arranged and designed exactly the same, pick ups are in the same place, there's always 2 bad guys in the same place. Everything about it is literally identical. Its those missions you get off a board where you have a few to choose from. There are millions in the game and many are exactly identical. When you have done an identical mission for the 400th time it gets a bit tedious. Especially when there's not much to them. I stopped doing them after a while.
  • SovOqueSovOque Forumite
    12 posts
    10 Posts Photogenic
    I think it will be a bit cheaper at the start of the sales, as it was with ps4, and then it will increase in price. But I really want one espesially if it'll have a ps4 games compatibility. And it looks kinda stylish, it was def send from cyberlife.