New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

NHS Prepayment Certificate

17 replies 361 views
Hi, I have just bought a prepayment for prescriptions as I now need presriptions 4 a month. I do not have access to a printer as I am not at work at present due to illness. Can I show the Email with my certificate number at the pharmacy?

Replies

• sherambersheramber Forumite
    9.2K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do any of your friend or family have a printer? If not, you will have them to send you a certificate through  the post.
  • edited 10 June at 2:43PM
    zagfleszagfles Forumite
    16.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Chutzpah Haggler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10 June at 2:43PM
    Yes, just show them the email on your phone if they ask, but they usually don't IME. They don't send out certificates any more.
  • boots_babeboots_babe Forumite
    3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have never printed mine out, just show on my mobile phone. Although under the current Covid circumstance, they always say they don't even need to do that.

9.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    zagfles said:
    Yes, just show them the email on your phone if they ask, but they usually don't IME. They don't send out certificates any more.
    What do people who do not have access to a computer /printer or   smart phone do?
  • edited 12 June at 8:48PM
    Spoonie_TurtleSpoonie_Turtle Forumite
    1.6K posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    edited 12 June at 8:48PM
    sheramber said:
    zagfles said:
    What do people who do not have access to a computer /printer or   smart phone do?
    They probably wouldn't have been able to apply online in the first place if that were the case ;)
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • stef73stef73 Forumite
    538 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I've never been asked to show mine dont have a copy  , had it for 3 years now 
  • MarkN88MarkN88 Forumite
    1.8K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    You can just tick the relevant box I’m assuming because when scripts are then checked by the NHS Business Service Authority, if you have ticked to say you have a certificate and you actually have then it will match and obviously someone that didn’t, would then be fined. 
    9.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    sheramber said:
    zagfles said:
    They probably wouldn't have been able to apply online in the first place if that were the case ;)
    I could apply online but I do not have a smart phone.
    if they don't send out certificates any more , as  zagflies says, then  what do those   who do not have a smart phone do ?
  • stef73stef73 Forumite
    538 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    On the website says you can telephone or apply at some pharmacies if you cannot access online .
  • Spoonie_TurtleSpoonie_Turtle Forumite
    1.6K posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    sheramber said:
    sheramber said:
    zagfles said:
    I could apply online but I do not have a smart phone.
    if they don't send out certificates any more , as  zagflies says, then  what do those   who do not have a smart phone do ?
    Ah I see. Well they do tell you on the page before starting the application that they don't send them out, so you could phone or write to them https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/help-nhs-prescription-costs/prescription-prepayment-certificates-ppcs
    Even if they don't send out any cards, logically speaking they could still send a paper copy

Or ask a friend to print it out for you.