Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries» Gone Off!

Tesco Click and collect this evening

New Post Advanced Search

Tesco Click and collect this evening

5 replies 101 views
VegastareVegastare Forumite
497 posts
Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭
New to Tesco click and collect...have used Sainsbury recently but after last weeks chaos(store temp closed and 3 trips before finally got to collect) thought try Tesco.
At present Sains have been packing groceries in bags but only during Covid, are Tesco doing this at present too.
If not will have to dig out baskets and bags.
Also do I need to just take order number and id - no printer!!

Replies

• edited 5 June at 10:24AM
    touch*my*food*feel*myforktouch*my*food*feel*myfork Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    edited 5 June at 10:24AM
    yes tesco using bags
    I write my order no and surname on a piece of paper and show them from my car with window shut
    when they go to get my order I open my boot and wait a safe distance away, they will leave it by boot for you to load or you can ask them to load for you

HTH

• VegastareVegastare Forumite
    497 posts
    ✭✭
    Many thanks for this...do this when going to sains.....thought I would give Tesco a try
  • JaneDoeJohnDoeJaneDoeJohnDoe Forumite
    272 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Done Tesco c&c twice. Both times just asked name. No ID check. Not even asked order no. But did have on me just in case. Check paperwork for substitutes. If do not want leave in bag/box - do not handle. Tell staff. Also ensure you go to correct area for c&c as some stores use a mini-outbuilding in car park. Others side of real building.
  • VegastareVegastare Forumite
    497 posts
    ✭✭
    Many thanks -  click and collect was easy and quick compared to the hanging around at Sainsburys(dont have the mini outbuilding like Tesco).  Much prefer Tesco as ordering online gives you options on stock preferences.
    Sadly our area is still struggling with high rates covid and am trying to aviod supermarkets for large weekly shop.(health reason)
  • JaneDoeJohnDoeJaneDoeJohnDoe Forumite
    272 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Vegastare said:
    Many thanks -  click and collect was easy and quick compared to the hanging around at Sainsburys(dont have the mini outbuilding like Tesco).  Much prefer Tesco as ordering online gives you options on stock preferences.
    Sadly our area is still struggling with high rates covid and am trying to aviod supermarkets for large weekly shop.(health reason)
    Click & Collect is a sort of best of both worlds. Allows delivery slots for those who can not get out but maintains (near enough) social distancing.