Virgin Money Current Account

Replies

• schiffschiff Forumite
    20K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have opened two. No problems with ID though it was frustrating repeating all my personal info immediately they found me familiar. Just checked if all is OK as I wasn't aware of the problems discussed in this thread, it is. I hardly ever do surveys. They are conducted by an independent body and nothing is done about anything you say in the survey. If you say that their conduct was so bad you thought of doing away with yourself, nothing will happen. It is all for statistics - for Virgin to announce in adverts etc that 84% of people surveyed thought Virgin was the next best thing to paradise. I have learned one thing though - I can do my 10-digit log in number from memory!
  • eskbankereskbanker Forumite
    19.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    schiff said:
    It is all for statistics - for Virgin to announce in adverts etc that 84% of people surveyed thought Virgin was the next best thing to paradise.
    Necker Island does look quite appealing....
  • purplestar133purplestar133 Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    How long do you think is ok to wait before you can assume they don't want to see extra ID from you? I opened an account on 16th May and deposited a small test amount. It is showing ok in the app but hearing about money disappearing from balancees, I don't want to put the full amount in until I know it's up and running properly.
  • colstencolsten Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How long do you think is ok to wait before you can assume they don't want to see extra ID from you? I opened an account on 16th May and deposited a small test amount. It is showing ok in the app but hearing about money disappearing from balancees, I don't want to put the full amount in until I know it's up and running properly.
    They might not ask at this occasion, but they could ask at any point in the future.

Has your payment cleared, i.e. is it shown in the Timeline, and does it show without a clock next to the transaction in your "Money in" list? If so, I would think your ID has been confirmed electronically. I also made a Faster Payment deposit into a new account on the 16th. Whilst the 'cleared balance' updated immediately, the deposit did not appear in the Timeline until the 18th, and nothing showed in the "Money in" list until the 18th, either. They didn't ask for additional ID, and the debit card was in the post this morning.
  • surreysaversurreysaver Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Surely if they are putting CIFAS markers on your file, they are required by law to tell you?
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • surreysaversurreysaver Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    DazCM said:
    DazCM said:
    I’m not filled with confidence. Opened my first current account on Wed, it has now disappeared from the app and website, bloke on live chat tells me it’s been closed but doesn’t know why. Luckily I didn’t get the chance to put anything in it.
    What a shower this lot are. Not content with closing my newly opened account within 24 hours, they’ve now put a CIFAS marker on my credit report saying “victim of impersonation”. Grrrrr
    Perhaps its out of spite for those who took advantage of the £250 switching offer a couple of years ago 
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • purplestar133purplestar133 Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    colsten said:

They might not ask at this occasion, but they could ask at any point in the future.

Has your payment cleared, i.e. is it shown in the Timeline, and does it show without a clock next to the transaction in your "Money in" list? If so, I would think your ID has been confirmed electronically. I also made a Faster Payment deposit into a new account on the 16th. Whilst the 'cleared balance' updated immediately, the deposit did not appear in the Timeline until the 18th, and nothing showed in the "Money in" list until the 18th, either. They didn't ask for additional ID, and the debit card was in the post this morning.
    Thanks. Yes, it's showing in the timeline and without a clock in in the 'money in' list, so I'll top it up now.
  • veryintriguedveryintrigued Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see the interest already paid in these and also Yorks Bank accounts.

Dated 29th.
  • schiffschiff Forumite
    20K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find the home page so cluttered once you've logged in. An old unused YBS credit card takes pride of place then the four new accounts spread haphazardly over the rest of it. Why not a list?
  • ischris85ischris85 Forumite
    444 Posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Nice to see the interest already paid in these and also Yorks Bank accounts.

Dated 29th.

Received the interest on 29th also.