100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    colsten said:
    My sort code is 82-61-36 🤣

Same
  • P3P3 Forumite
    119 Posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I try to open one last night, it got deferred, got a text this morning. Saying they have made a decision. 
    The link take me to pick up where you left off
    Continue application or proof of ID or income
    Click on continue application, sign on. And I just got a loading red circle for like 5 mins and nothing further.
    What to do?
  • kaMelokaMelo Forumite
    848 Posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I've stuck at two. The first one I must have messed up the security questions as I was sent a letter with a verification code to complete the application, duly completed and account opened and funded.
    Waited seven days and tried for another whilst logged in, that application form was pre-filled with data from the first applicaton and went through automatically, account funded and all was well.

Went to log in today to maybe (pushing my luck a little) open a third and was presented with a screen to complete the previous applicatons.  A little stuck now, wondering what to do. I logged into the app and both accounts were showing with money in them so decided to complete the latest application of the two on offer. It went straight through and I didn't have to add any information, now into the accounts section online and both are there.
    So I think I'll call it there and stick at two for now, I don't want to try for a third (just yet anyway) and have problems with all of them.
  • DazCMDazCM Forumite
    64 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts
    DazCM said:
    I’m not filled with confidence. Opened my first current account on Wed, it has now disappeared from the app and website, bloke on live chat tells me it’s been closed but doesn’t know why. Luckily I didn’t get the chance to put anything in it.
    What a shower this lot are. Not content with closing my newly opened account within 24 hours, they’ve now put a CIFAS marker on my credit report saying “victim of impersonation”. Grrrrr
  • edited 19 May 2020 at 5:03PM
    colstencolsten Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 19 May 2020 at 5:03PM
    DazCM said:
    DazCM said:
    I’m not filled with confidence. Opened my first current account on Wed, it has now disappeared from the app and website, bloke on live chat tells me it’s been closed but doesn’t know why. Luckily I didn’t get the chance to put anything in it.
    What a shower this lot are. Not content with closing my newly opened account within 24 hours, they’ve now put a CIFAS marker on my credit report saying “victim of impersonation”. Grrrrr
    I didn't think CIFAS markers show on a credit report? How did you get hold of a CIFAS SAR since last Wednesday? Have you started a dispute yet?
  • DazCMDazCM Forumite
    64 Posts
    colsten said:
    DazCM said:
    DazCM said:
    I didn't think CIFAS markers show on a credit report? How did you get hold of a CIFAS SAR since last Wednesday? Have you started a dispute yet?
    Email alert from Credit Karma (formerly known as Noddle) -

“Your credit report has been updated with new information.
    Fraud flag added - A Cifas Victim of Impersonation marker has been added to your report.”

And when I login :-

Owning party Clydesdale Bank plc

Product code Personal current account

Facility Granted

Date Supplied 18 May 2020

Date Applied 13 May 2020

Reason filed Impersonation - current address fraud

Managing party Clydesdale Bank plc

• colstencolsten Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I didn't realise Credit Karma send those notifications, and have CIFAS information now. This is helpful. I have learnt something new, thanks! Below an excerpt from my Credit Karma file.

Anyway, have you worked out what the issue is supposed to be, and are Virgin removing the marker?

• DazCMDazCM Forumite
    64 Posts
    colsten said:
    Oh, I didn't realise Credit Karma send those notifications, and have CIFAS information now. This is helpful. I have learnt something new, thanks! Below an excerpt from my Credit Karma file.

Anyway, have you worked out what the issue is supposed to be, and are Virgin removing the marker?

From what I’ve googled it seems only the organisation that put that type of marker on can take it back off again. I’m going to brave a branch visit tomorrow and take every bit of ID I have with me....
  • colstencolsten Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DazCM said:
    I’m going to brave a branch visit tomorrow and take every bit of ID I have with me....
    Have you got an appointment? They might not see you if you just walk in. 

If there was no good reason for them putting that marker on, I hope they will pay you compensation for the hassle and the anxiety caused.
  • onlyfoolsandparkingonlyfoolsandparking Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    DazCM said:
    DazCM said:
    Hmm that is a strange one? Is "Victim of impersonation" same as "victim of fraud" though? I only ask this as although its causing you an inconvenience especially with having to visit the branch, the marker is put on to protect you. I WAS a "victim of fraud" a few years ago with some sh**ter opening a Next account and an Amazon credit card, I've never even been in Next!!. I contacted Next and Amazon who were both really helpful saying they would resolve it and not to worry I would have no liabilities with them. They also said they would get the accounts closed and removed from my file (could take up to 60 days) and as an extra they both but "protective registrations" on my file which I subsequently found out last for 2 years.

The "protective registrations" did show on my file for 2 years but from what I could see and still do had no impact on my credit worthiness, the only thing which was a minor inconvenience for me was having to show extra ID to BMW (luckily the salesman was a sound fellow and understood what being a victim of fraud meant for me) when purchasing my new bike and that was nothing to do with finance. What I would want to find out in your position is, Have VM put the marker on you as a potential fraud perpetrator or you as a victim. If it is victim like I said you've nothing to be concerned about (I think lol) Its another thumbs down for VM though IMO