Virgin Money Current Account

Replies

• surreysaversurreysaver Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    colsten said:

The fools just sent me a text asking to complete an online survey asking for feedback about my account opening!
    Was your text from Virgin? I had one thanking me for taking out a Clydesdale Bank product.
    Virgin 
    This morning the money I had paid into the account was returned to the originating accounts, with no explanation.
    Yesterday my debit card and PIN turned up (in the same post) 
    Seems like a right cowboy outfit 

I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • crumpet_mancrumpet_man Forumite
    329 Posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Same here, have to phone them to sort things out but too busy today.
  • onlyfoolsandparkingonlyfoolsandparking Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    colsten said:

The fools just sent me a text asking to complete an online survey asking for feedback about my account opening!
    Was your text from Virgin? I had one thanking me for taking out a Clydesdale Bank product.
    Virgin 
    This morning the money I had paid into the account was returned to the originating accounts, with no explanation.
    Yesterday my debit card and PIN turned up (in the same post) 
    Seems like a right cowboy outfit 

How strange? certainly doesn't inspire me with confidence
  • GersGers Forumite
    9.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    After doing the drag and drop I've had two more emails asking for the same documents, then one asking for council tax bill.  There's not an option on the drag and drop site to select proof of address so, again, I used the driving licence / passport option and just added in the bill.  Now radio silence!

• edited 15 May 2020 at 10:12AM
    DazCMDazCM Forumite
    64 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts
    edited 15 May 2020 at 10:12AM
    I’m not filled with confidence. Opened my first current account on Wed, it has now disappeared from the app and website, bloke on live chat tells me it’s been closed but doesn’t know why. Luckily I didn’t get the chance to put anything in it.
  • ischris85ischris85 Forumite
    444 Posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    DazCM said:
    I’m not filled with confidence. Opened the current account on Wed, it has now disappeared from the app and website, bloke on live chat tells me it’s been closed but doesn’t know why. Luckily I didn’t get the chance to put anything in it.
    It's stories like this and others on this thread that is deterring from open a second Virgin current account. 
  • typistretiredtypistretired Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I think the problem with pin and card arriving on the same day is because the Royal Mail is not delivering every day. Mind you it has not happened to me and my accounts are clearly showing with the correct money also showing. Not trying to sound pompous just want to reassure posters not to be put off by some posters bad experiences.
    "Look after your pennies and your pounds will look after themselves"
  • SuperHans1SuperHans1 Forumite
    127 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I think the problem with pin and card arriving on the same day is because the Royal Mail is not delivering every day. Mind you it has not happened to me and my accounts are clearly showing with the correct money also showing. Not trying to sound pompous just want to reassure posters not to be put off by some posters bad experiences.
    I'd second that as I've been fortunate to have no problems (so far) with the two current accounts that I opened. However I am unsure about whether to try for a third account and wonder how long it will be before Virgin crack down and update their terms and conditions.
  • onlyfoolsandparkingonlyfoolsandparking Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    My VM account is still showing the £1000 balance I transferred in, ironically my pin and card also arrived on the same day too?, I didn't pay too much attention to it though as I'm assuming Royal Mail are behind on deliveries, everything still looking ok with VM account so far, spose I am just gonna have to keep a close eye on it for a while 
  • Ken68Ken68 Forumite
    6.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Debit card and pin arrived separately, but not yet had a smooth login. Will deposit later when everything is settled.