New Post Advanced Search

Which bank would you recommend?

23 replies 996 views
13»

Replies

• digalumpsdigalumps Forumite
    179 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    Yes all you need to access a monzo account is access to the email address if a fraudster gets that you are stuffed
  • edited 11 May at 8:43PM
    jonnygee2jonnygee2 Forumite
    2.1K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 11 May at 8:43PM
    Yes all you need to access a monzo account is access to the email address if a fraudster gets that you are stuffed

It's relatively easy to keep your email account secure. But anyway, the email account only opens the app, to send money you need the PIN number

• lr1277lr1277 Forumite
    658 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    digalumps said:
    For me, most banks (give or take) are the same - one might have slightly better app, one might show transactions better, one might require SMS to log in and another a card reader etc etc.

So my only criterion for choose a bank is security, and for me First Direct is therefore the only bank I would choose in that they:

1. have voice ID which is of high quality

.I too am an FD customer but I asked FD to turn off the voice recognition feature. This because in 2016/7, I read in the Economist that there is software now available that can mimic your voice only having heard a snippet or two.
    So as I don't know what security questions are asked when going down the voice ID route it is conceivable that the software could answer all the questions asked by FD unless they ask for passwords etc.
    Anyways thats my two penneth.