asda credit card changing to creation cashback card 14th july

edited 11 May at 11:00AM in Credit Cards
182 replies 17.4K views
older_wiserolder_wiser Forumite
2.3K posts
Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
✭✭✭✭
edited 11 May at 11:00AM in Credit Cards
Just got a letter from creation saying their relationship was ending with the asda credit card and i would be transfered to their own cashback card with 1% on all purchases can't seem to find a maximum annual amount as is usually the case. 

asda themselves are working on another asda credit card but this will have different benefits to the current one and no mention as to who they might partner with to launch this.

Replies

• roddydogsroddydogs Forumite
    7.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its even worse, the new creation card will no longer get any cashback, where do you get the idea that you will get 1% cashback?
  • jimmojimmo Forumite
    2.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    You might want to check that. My letter says " If I decide to take a Creation card.....
    You will not earn cashback."
  • edited 11 May at 12:05PM
    older_wiserolder_wiser Forumite
    2.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 11 May at 12:05PM
    my letter says after 13 july 2020
    You will automatically be transfered to the new creation cashback card from the 14th july YOU will earn 1% cashback on all purchases anywhere. this pack contains more details.
    unless i'm missing something obvious its 1%

i'm on a legacy asda credit card though had it ever since it was launched back in 2010's i am still getting cash back each month rather than vouchers which i think newer customers get now.
    7.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Must be 2 different sets of customers. No more cashback for me so it looks like Tesco cc.
  • older_wiserolder_wiser Forumite
    2.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    roddydogs said:
    Must be 2 different sets of customers. No more cashback for me so it looks like Tesco cc.
    interesting how they differ 1% is pretty decent especially since alot of cashback cards have been withdrawn from the market or had their rates slashed and i still can't find any maximum amount in the t&c so i assume its unlimited as my asda credit card is.
  • edited 11 May at 1:21PM
    *California**California* Forumite
    29 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 11 May at 1:21PM
    How about the new ASDA Credit Card?
    Will I be able to transfer to the new ASDA Credit Card?
    2.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about the new ASDA Credit Card?
    Will I be able to transfer to the new ASDA Credit Card?
    The new asda credit card is seperate so you will have to apply for that when its launched 
    7.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lets wait and see what the new asda card offers.
  • SlovakianGuySlovakianGuy Forumite
    285 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic
    ✭✭
    older_wiser, may I ask which Asda card you have? The black one with a monthly fee?
    2.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    older_wiser, may I ask which Asda card you have? The black one with a monthly fee?
    no exactly the same as the one thats mentioned on the asda website its just i get cash rather than vouchers at the end of the month.