How to pay voluntary National Insurance contributions

edited 9 May 2020 at 12:34PM in Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning
17 replies 4.5K views
wallofbeanswallofbeans Forumite
1.1K Posts
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
Hi All,
I've got a few gap years in NI contributions but one year that only needs a little top up to fill completely so I thought I would get it done now, but I can't seem to figure out how exactly to pay it!

I know which year I want to pay (2010-11). I've seen that I have a certain amount already from paid employment but I can make up the shortfall. I then found a form on the HMRC website that I think might be what I need but it might be for something else and so I am now confused.

Here's the form:

Has anyone done this? I thought it would be simple enough to do online but it seems not, or I've not quite found the correct way to do it yet...



Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides

54 ways to ‘DIY it’

According to the MSE Forum

MSE Team Blog

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News

Lidl '£10 off £40 spend' voucher

Via Metro or Daily Mail. Excludes NI

MSE Deals