IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

POPLA update

2»

Replies

• edited 22 April 2020 at 9:26AM
    D_P_DanceD_P_Dance Forumite
    11.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 22 April 2020 at 9:26AM
    No doubt the appeals will build up and up and up, hopefully to breaking point.. 

As self isolation for vulnerable people will probably last into next year, perhaps we should all consider our vulnerability.  I suppose skippie will have to follow suit.  
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • edited 22 April 2020 at 10:36AM
    Snakes_BellySnakes_Belly Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 22 April 2020 at 10:36AM
    Went into a local town yesterday on an errand for a vulnerable person. Could count the number of parked cars on one of the main car parks on one hand. Maybe the appeals will drop as there won't be so many claims. 

Wonder what will happen now on some of the supermarket car parks where only so many are being let in at a time?  It takes longer now to shop.

Nolite te bast--des carborundorum.
  • IduntExistIduntExist Forumite
    14 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Went into a local town yesterday on an errand for a vulnerable person. Could count the number of parked cars on one of the main car parks on one hand. Maybe the appeals will drop as there won't be so many claims. 

Wonder what will happen now on some of the supermarket car parks where only so many are being let in at a time?  It takes longer now to shop.
    Yeah hopefully with no one visiting car parks the "management" companies wont have any way to gain income and be forced to close. unlikely, but fingers crossed.
    I still don't agree with this practice but i do find some supermarket ones to be more reasonable in terms of timing and genuinely there to help customers find a space, our local one is 4 hours.
    Thanks for the snippet on guidelines, very helpful.
  • IduntExistIduntExist Forumite
    14 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    What does the NEWBIES thread say about grace periods and which bit do I need to edit, is it in the guidance about POPLA in the third post?  I wrote it a long time back, and am happy to edit it if you tell me where you read 'ten minutes'.

Just had a look at the grace periods on third post, It was the first link referenced under grace periods that includes a pdf draft appeal I used to start my one. (markhammer final draft) I wouldn't say it needs editing but maybe an update about the new guidance changes this year and the above snippet.  
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    106.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Thanks I will look at that, and might remove the link.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD