IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

POPLA update

We are putting all appeals received after 6 April on hold until things return to normal. If you want to appeal, you must register your appeal now as best you can. Motorists will be given extra time to submit their full appeal later. Full details on FAQ page.

Replies

• UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    36.3K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the PPCs put the cases on hold, or will they desperately ship them out to debt beggars to harass and twist the arms of the vulnerable, frightened and traumatised into coughing up, in an attempt to prevent them and their masters going into bankruptcy?

We need to be ready to respond. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • edited 6 April 2020 at 11:31PM
    RedxRedx Forumite
    38.1K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 April 2020 at 11:31PM
    this will end up as bad as the WRIGHT HASSELL debacle a few years ago, trust me
  • ChiggingsChiggings Forumite
    24 Posts
    Second Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    Thanks for this post. Good to know as I've almost finished writing up my apppeal. I'll expect a few debt collector letters instead lol. Will be good for wiping my bum if I'm short on toilet paper!
  • edited 8 April 2020 at 5:29PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    105.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 8 April 2020 at 5:29PM
    Just bumping this so people at POPLA stage can take their time right now (April 2020) and put in a holding appeal.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • IduntExistIduntExist Forumite
    14 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    I think everyone should add at the bottom of their POPLA appeal, this:

NB: Due to the coronavirus lockdown stresses and issues, this is a work in progress.   As directed by POPLA on your FAQS page, I  have registered my appeal now as best I can.   I note that appellants will be given extra time to submit their full appeal later and I await POPLA's response telling me when and how I can do this.
    Thanks for this, I'm just finishing my appeal off now and will include this at the bottom. 

I've just found out that the BPA grace periods were removed this year (2020)! this was my second point of appeal based on the newbies info thread. Will this be added there as i never came accross this information when starting my appeal homework? 
  • MistyZMistyZ Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Blooming heck that's good.