5 months to emerge as a butterfly

edited 6 April 2020 at 9:50AM in Debt Free Diaries
582 replies 73.5K views

Replies

• benbenandmebenbenandme Forumite
    11.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning, another run done :) Today's was the first of 10 longer runs - 25 minutes straight today (and for the next 3 runs). The first ten minutes were tough and I wanted to walk but after that, once i was into it, I was fine. My calves were killing me again when I finished so I've had a hot bath and they're fine again now. Only another 4,000 steps needed today now :)
    Now it's time for work, I'm sat in the conservatory with a big mug of tea, writing a list of bits I need to do today. There's a load of towels in the washing machine, yesterday I did the conservatory chair covers, shower curtain, the dogs blankets ... while the weather is like this it seems right to get all of it done.

Mortgage Total: £63,365 / £75,000 Mortgage End Date: May 2040
    2021 Boiler Savings: £2045 / £2856
  • savingholmessavingholmes Forumite
    15.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done on the run. Great if you can clear the washing pile too - ours is never-ending.
    During 2021: Target 1) Clear CC debt £1370 1357 to go @ 0% Target 2) Lose weight 3) Write regularly 38113/70000 words Book 2 4) Promote book(s) 5) Develop passive income streams 6) Build 3-6 mths EF 7) Declutter
    11.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning, another nice sunny one here today :) Today is a non-run day so I need to make sure I do plenty of walking about to get my steps in. I've got a few bits and pieces on my to do list today, nothing urgent but a few more little bits that have been on my list forever that never get done, finally some of those jobs are being sorted :)

Schoolwork was busy yesterday, the kids are getting back into the swing of it after the holidays and there was lots of bits to sort yesterday, hopefully today may be a bit quieter.
    Today is the day when I need to get round to cancelling our holiday :(:( Final payments are due on Saturday and I just can't do it. Gutted.

• pixiechick99pixiechick99 Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still here and reading :)
    Your diaries always keep me feeling motivated...after all, it was yours that first got me on track all those years ago in 2008 ;)

For the first time since being off work I did my 10,000 steps yesterday! We went on a lovely walk (my first proper walk since lockdown which is terrible) so I am a bit more motivated to keep it up!

I am like you in that I am a definite introvert and I love being at home so not really finding this too hard! My youngest daughter is a complete extrovert though and is not enjoying it - it's her 21st next month too so she is not happy about that😬

Must go and do something useful...
    June NSDs - 0/15
    June Groceries 0/£200
    :pDFW Nerd #1135:p
    11.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay hello Pixiechick! :):) I hope you are well x
    Mr S is a total extrovert too and can't bear it. He's still working but even so is finding it hard, mainly the lack of football and pubs in his life :)
    Well done on your steps yesterday, I did nearly 13,000 in the end yesterday. I am doing a lot more than when I'm not in lockdown as then I spend most of my day sat at a desk. Todays total is looking very low at the moment so I do need to go and do a few laps of the garden :)

15.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done on all the exercise. My DS is finding the lockdown hard - but the rest of us are coping. I've enjoyed the reduced pressure and more time in the garden. We've been lucky enough that we can work from home.
    During 2021: Target 1) Clear CC debt £1370 1357 to go @ 0% Target 2) Lose weight 3) Write regularly 38113/70000 words Book 2 4) Promote book(s) 5) Develop passive income streams 6) Build 3-6 mths EF 7) Declutter
    11.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another 25 minute run done this morning :) Today's was quite different to the last one - the first ten minutes weren't as bad but the last five were a killer. My calves are better this time though which I'm pleased about, a hot bath afterwards and some foam rollering seems to have done the trick :)
    So, just under 4,000 steps left to go today. I always feel much more in control of my day when I've done a run it's very odd how it helps mentally. 
    Washing machine is doing its thing, dishwasher is doing its thing, the dog is snoring already. My plan for today is schoolwork all morning then some pottering and housework this afternoon. Mr S is getting dinner sorted tonight so I don't need to worry about that either so perhaps I'll make some rock buns or something later on.
    It's also getting towards the end of the month so soon I need to start looking at the banking stuff too. 
    11.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a nice unexpected card order come through today :)
    15.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a good day. I had a nice relaxed day too
    11.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning all, another productive weekend in my household - we painted the fence at the back of the garden, we need to replace the panels along the side so there was no point in doing those. We've also replaced the gravel boards along the edges, painted the decking, jet-washed the drive and generally tidied and sorted again. Still lots more to do but it's nice to see progress :)
    Today is another work day, emails are coming in thick and fast and I've also printed and delivered some work to one of my students who has moved house and doesn't yet have any internet access.
    I might make some flapjacks later, I didn't get around to it last week in the end. Then some pottering and some cards stuff. Have a good day!