SW Countdown to Easter.

Replies

• bubbsbubbs Forumite
    64.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    joedenise said:
    Thanks bubbs.  I'd have to remember to get cauliflower to do that!  Although I suppose I could try it with frozen?

Denise
    Yes can't see why it wont work, then syn free and speed :D i even shopped a courgette up and cooked that with the mince, so onion, courgette, mushrooms, pasatta , BNS, cauli in there , loads of speed :D but you know me i eat loads of speed :)
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D
    ::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • mamanmaman Forumite
    26.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glorious weather is back.,🌞 We've just had a short walk. My neck is a bit better but I'll be glad when it clears up properly. 
    Today's EE plan - 
    B- NAS grapefruit, baked beans (F), fried egg (P), HEB toast, HEA milk
    L- LO pork (P) , veg, beetroot (S), potato (F)
    D- baked cod (P), SW chips (F), mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, courgettes and asparagus (S) 
    Syns - 0
  • mamanmaman Forumite
    26.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for your welcome to the group.   I did toy with the idea of rejoining as an online member as I never really found the group's were for me unfortunately.  However the online option is £20 a month and I would really just use it to monitor my weight and to log my food both of which I am doing without that.  Menu so far for today (I know it's best to plan for the week but I like to change it as the day goes on sometimes!) 
    Monday: Breakfast: Baked oats. He A 250ml semi skimmed milk for drinks throughout the day.
    Snack: Apple
    Lunch: Egg and feta salad. Feta is from the 2nd HE 
    Dinner: Pasta with meatballs using 5% fat beef mince and loads of veg 
    Snack: Alpen light
    I think I'll give this first week a go and may rejoin online if I need that extra input.  Will see!! 😁 x 
    Welcome ann. It's good to have you along. Do ask if there's anything we can help with. Are you saving syns? I think you're only using 3 today. 🤔
  • Tete_en_l'AirTete_en_l'Air Forumite
    7.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all, let's see if I can actually call in every day this week shall we? :weary: 3.5lb gain last week - totally deserved! Finding it really hard to not stuff my face in boredom and anxiety.

Anyway today:

B - Toast and butter (4), apple with peanut butter (5)
    D - Ham, grated carrot, cucumber, sweetcorn, balsamic vinegar; and pineapple
    T - Gnocchi (8) with mushrooms, tomatoes, basil and mozzarella
    HEA - Milk and mozzarella
    HEB - WM toast
    Syns - 17 as above, sugar in coffee (4), hot chocolate (2) = 23

Not perfect but a heck of a lot better than it has been believe me, and I've had plenty of water too. 

Hope everyone's OK, hugs to all! Speak to you tomorrow :)
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • bubbsbubbs Forumite
    64.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Tea :smiley: i didnt eat the whole dish 😂😂 so some left for lunch tomorrow, other 2 are in the freezer for another day :smiley:

Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22
  • edited 20 April 2020 at 6:16PM
    ruby_eskimoruby_eskimo Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 20 April 2020 at 6:16PM
    Evening all!  I managed to STS this week which I know is because a) I started working out again and that limits my losses initially and b) I ate a lot of mini eggs and hot cross buns yesterday!

Today I've been back on the front line and while it was a little scary to be back working clinically again, it wasn't too bad. Spent most of the day answering the phone, cleaning and helping the ward clerk admit patients from the ambulances.  We'll see how the next few weeks go but there's definitely no chance of snacking while I'm there!

B - Bran flakes (HEB), skimmed milk (part HEA), 2 clementines
    L - Carrot and cucumber sticks, baby plum tomatoes, reduced fat hummus (2 syns)
    D - Stir fry veg, noodles
    S - 3 ferrero rocher (10.5 syns - think that's about right!)

Having the rest of my HEA in tea and coffee as per usual.
    Emergency Fund - £6159.24 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £5337.62
    LISA 22/23 - £450 :: NSD May - 2 / 20 :: Books Read: 24 / 52 :: Decluttering - 258 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • bubbsbubbs Forumite
    64.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Watch it don't catch up with you Ruby, a sts is ok, well done.
    Thanks for all you are doing , you deserved a treat x
  • joedenisejoedenise Forumite
    13.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tete hate to tell you but unfortunately the Ferrero rocher have been increased from 3.5 to 4 each!  Not sure when it happened but thought I'd check for you as you didn't seem sure.

Agree with bubbs Ruby, thank you for working on the front line.  We all applaud you.

The Goan fish curry I made was a new recipe for me and have to say both DH and I really enjoyed it.  It was in one of the little booklets that was given away with a magazine in 2017.

Denise
  • ruby_eskimoruby_eskimo Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks ladies and thanks joedenise for the heads up re: the ferrero rocher.  I have another mini pack of 3 to get through so not too worried about the syns in the long run.  Then I "only" have 2 more easter eggs and a lindt bunny to break up and work my way through over the next few weeks.  I like to have a little sweet treat in the evening and would usually have popcorn which isn't as high in syns but the leftover easter chocolate was cheaper and more appealing!
    Emergency Fund - £6159.24 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £5337.62
    LISA 22/23 - £450 :: NSD May - 2 / 20 :: Books Read: 24 / 52 :: Decluttering - 258 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    79.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I made amazing cauliflower mash yesterday.
    It was just lush.
    Will make again  :)
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    MFW. Finally mortgage free February 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***