Replies

• bubbsbubbs Forumite
    64.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Evening all :smiley:
    Denise that's ok, well done!
    Thanks ruby, here is another one :smiley:
    All syn free, cheese slice part of hexa, burger in a mushroom "bun" with tomato, onions, cheese and topped of with a egg!
    Was delicious :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D
    ::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • edited 17 April 2020 at 10:49AM
    ruby_eskimoruby_eskimo Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 17 April 2020 at 10:49AM
    Can you come and cook for me bubbs?  I just chuck stuff on a plate and be done with it  :smiley:

We've also had to cancel a couple of trips; we were supposed to go to Brixham in May for my Dad's 70th birthday and then to the Edinburgh fringe in August.  My dad got a refund for Brixham and we've switched our Edinburgh trip into a the Christmas markets in Prague in December which I really hope goes ahead.  We were last there 4 years ago and it will be 10 years to the day since DH proposed to me on Charles Bridge there in the snow, so its a trip with a lot of sentimental meaning.

After another funky brain day yesterday I decided that today would be different.  Had a strange night's sleep with some very vivid dreams that were just weird so had a lie in as I didn't feel rested when the alarm went off.  Woke up, threw on my workout clothes and decided to do two workout sessions back to back from the program that I've attempted to complete for the past few months.  While I was doing it I felt different, that I was actually engaging where as before I might have just gone with the motions.  Maybe something has just switched in my head finally!  Took my time having a shower and then did my makeup for the first time in a while; tried something a little different and I'm relatively pleased with it.  Now I'm about to settle down and actually crack on with some work and I feel motivated to do something.  We'll see how long this lasts....

B - porridge (HEB and part HEA almond milk), 2 clementines, golden syrup (2 syns)
    L - Sardines, tomatoes, cucumber, mixed leaves
    D - broccoli lemon chicken with rice (3 syns for cornflour and honey)
    S - mini eggs (7 syns), cups of tea and coffee with the rest of my HEA

Hope you're all having a good Friday, it's almost the weekend (not that it means much anymore!)

Emergency Fund - £6159.24 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £5337.62
    LISA 22/23 - £450 :: NSD May - 2 / 20 :: Books Read: 24 / 52 :: Decluttering - 258 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • joedenisejoedenise Forumite
    13.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning all.  Weather is looking better than forecast as it's bright and sunny and I was expecting it to be grey and wet!  Sorry you had a restless night ruby and that you're feeling a bit better about your exercise programme.

Today's plan:

B - scrambled eggs & spinach on toast - HEB; P; S
    L - chorizo, wild garlic leaves & potato tortilla with salad - S; P; F; 1.5 for chorizo; 0.5 for mayo in coleslaw
    D - shepherds pie; cabbage & cauliflower - P; S; F

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - chorizo 1.5; 1 Tbs LTL mayo 0.5.  No other Syns planned as went over yesterday!

Didn't do a very good plan for today as it's a bit 'eggy' but can't swap with tomorrow's lunch which is what I'd normally do as only have a sandwich planned for tomorrow and already had HEB this morning!

Have a good day everyone and keep safe.

Denise
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    80K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy Friday everyone 🌈
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    MFW. Finally mortgage free February 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • mamanmaman Forumite
    26.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good morning beanie. :smiley: 

Grey and wet must have lost its way denise. It's here. :wink: 

That's a lovely, romantic story ruby. You really do sound in the zone both with food and now exercise. Not sure how much you want to lose but feeling a million dollars in December would be good to aim for. :smile: 

My neck is still hurting so I'm going against tradition and having a freezer meal today instead of KFC! :smiley: We'll have that tomorrow instead. I succumbed to a few wine syns last night but will do better next week. I know Thursday isn't really the weekend. :blush:

Today's EE plan-
    B- NA grapefruit, baked beans (F), bacon, fried egg (P), HEB toast, HEA1 milk
    L- LO hash and beetroot (P,F,S)
    D- SW Spaghetti Bolognese (F,P,S) with HEA 2 Parmesan
    Syns- weekend wine :smile:

• beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    80K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thursday is the new Friday Maman 😊🤔
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    MFW. Finally mortgage free February 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    13.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    beanielou said:
    Thursday is the new Friday Maman 😊🤔
    Always has been for me!  WI day is Thursday so that's when the weekend starts, LOL!

Change of plan for lunch!  Decided against more eggs and just had a cheese salad so lots of Speed and just 0.5 syns for LTL mayo.

Denise
  • poundsinbuckspoundsinbucks Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Was meant to fly to quiet side of Tenerife today for a week in a lovely golf hotel. Finally got email to say it was cancelled (really?  :D) on 14th! Now waiting for refund, fingers crossed. Have asked for travel insurance to be moved to next year if possible, if not will get 50% of that back. 

Got SW mag in post this morning. Did not weigh this week and avoided Zoom meeting too. Think I have 5 weeks left to make sure I am back in the target bubble. Trip to Waitrose yesterday did not help with half price Lindt Easter choc  >:).  But also got eggs and more fruit and veg, plus a leg of lamb, so will do a SW friendly meal later. Just had a salad for lunch :). Sourcing eggs has been a challenge, they seem to come in every day but are usually gone in Sainsb by the time I get there in the afternoon. 

Really pleased I bought a larger SC at the beginning of this crisis. My small one was never big enough to hold all ingredients :D . Have used it for campfire stew and also did a beef brisket in it the other day, very nice. Am roasting the leg of lamb later, but read somewhere about doing that in the SC. Anyone here done that? Assuming you would add stock:smile:

Have a good day everyone, stay safe.

Poundsinbucks x  B)
    🥳🥳 SW -6st 3.5lbs 🥳🥳
    13.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't add stock PIB, just rest the lamb on some halved onions so the fat drips through into the SC.  It'll be lovely and tender and you won't want to eat the skin because it won't crisp (a real bonus for me as I love lamb skin!)

Don't know if it's the same where you live but my butcher has eggs and always seems to have them whereas Mr Ts don't, they always seem to have run out, same with Iceland.

Denise
  • poundsinbuckspoundsinbucks Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    joedenise said:
    I wouldn't add stock PIB, just rest the lamb on some halved onions so the fat drips through into the SC.  It'll be lovely and tender and you won't want to eat the skin because it won't crisp (a real bonus for me as I love lamb skin!)

Don't know if it's the same where you live but my butcher has eggs and always seems to have them whereas Mr Ts don't, they always seem to have run out, same with Iceland.

Denise
    Thanks Denise, will do that another time, have now put the lamb in oven for dinner. Don’t think OH would forgive me if I didn’t cook it for tonight, he loves lamb. 

My small village shop also sells eggs, but I am used to paying 95p-£1 for 6 free range in SM, not £1.90! Think there is a butcher in next village, will check them out next time I venture over there but expect price to be similar.

Poundsinbucks x  :)
    🥳🥳 SW -6st 3.5lbs 🥳🥳