Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Beat My Quote! Travel Agents Thread

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning
12.1K replies 1.7M views

Replies

• MATTR5MATTR5 Forumite
    798 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Posts Photogenic Holiday Haggler
    ✭✭✭
    • The Quote itself: £3802 - (£3821 - £19 cashback)
    • Who the quote is from: TUI
    • Is there a booking fee: No
    • The Tour Operator/Airline/Hotel: TUI
    • The departure Airport/Post: Manchester
    • The Holiday Dates: 17 April - 2 weeks
    • The number of people travelling (inc kids ages): 2 adults
    • The Hotel (or * if it’s allocate on arrival): Dreams Palm Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
    • The Board (self catering/half board etc): All Inclusive
    • Any specific requirements: Deluxe CLUB double room & Premium seats on flight
    • Is an in-flight meal included: Yes
    • Transfers Included
    Hi - I'm sorry I cant beat this one - TUI late deals can be a struggle but with the disc code and Cashbakc it knocks me out
    Ive sent you a PM
    Mattr5
    I am a Travel Agent
    My company’s ABTA/ATOL numbers are G9172/6053. MSE doesn't check my status as a Travel Agent, so you need to take my word for it. You can check my ATOL with the CAA. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Travel Agent Code of Conduct.

• MATTR5MATTR5 Forumite
    798 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    gmuir105 said:
    • The Quote itself: £3237 (-£60 raincheck voucher)
    • Who the quote is from: Jet2
    • Is there a booking fee: No
    • The Tour Operator/Airline/Hotel: Jet2
    • The departure Airport/Post: Glasgow International
    • The Holiday Dates: 27th July - 3rd August 2020
    • The number of people travelling (inc kids ages): 2 adults, 2 children (aged 4 & 2)
    • The Hotel (or * if it’s allocate on arrival): Zafiro Tropic, Alcudia
    • The Board (self catering/half board etc): All Inclusive
    • Any specific requirements: flexible on dates (any dates between 20th July & 10th August)
    • Is an in-flight meal included: No
    Also quoted Zafiro Palmanova, all same dates etc - £3352 all inclusive.  Looking for either of these two hotels, can you beat these prices? Thanks :-) 
    Hi gmuir105
    I CAN beat this price by £120 (either hotel) saving you an extra £60 to your Rain Cheque saving
    Ive sent you a PM
    Mattr5
    I am a Travel Agent
    My company’s ABTA/ATOL numbers are G9172/6053. MSE doesn't check my status as a Travel Agent, so you need to take my word for it. You can check my ATOL with the CAA. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Travel Agent Code of Conduct.
  • edited 8 March 2020 at 7:26PM
    AIQUEENAIQUEEN Forumite
    6 Posts
    Second Anniversary First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    edited 8 March 2020 at 7:26PM
    hi can this forum be used for just flights too i am looking for cheap flights for 9 people( 7 adults and two children aged 12 and 14)  to dalaman from manchester non stop for 15th July to 22nd July 2020.
  • MATTR5MATTR5 Forumite
    798 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Hi AIQUEEEN

Yes it can but you should as usual put the best price you have found on here - i would suggest adding if it includes luggage and if so how manty and weight of suitcases . I cant beat many flight only's but ive had a look at the flights on your dates and I think on this one I can beat the cheapest by using a trick :) 
    Ive sent you a PM
    Mattr5
    I am a Travel Agent
  • edited 11 April 2020 at 7:40PM
    beccy53beccy53 Forumite
    8 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    edited 11 April 2020 at 7:40PM
    Quote from Firstchoice, for 2 adults & 2 children (who will be 12 & 11 in return journey). For travel from Exeter to Paphos on 29/05/2021 for 7 night stay at Olympic Lagoon Resort Paphos, all inclusive, in a family suite with a sea view. 
    No booking fee & no in flight meals. Transfers via coach. Pre booked seats on the flight - 20kg luggage per person.

Quote is £5378.70 with a deposit of £75pp required.
  • MATTR5MATTR5 Forumite
    798 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Hi beccy53
    Sorry for the delay ibn replying - its been quiet on here for a while and I had a day off
    I can beat this for you - inc the rebooked seats and family room with sea view and balcony (it doesn't say Suite) - Transfers by Coach and 20kg luggage per person I will be just over £250 cheaper at £5127
    We will be more on the Deposit though as F Choice take £75 now and £125 10 weeks later - we take £200 at time of booking and nothing 10 weeks later - so you pay the same Deposit but all in one go 
    Ive sent you a PM
    Mattr5
    I am a Travel Agent

• Any ideas for a cheap holiday for one to a not crazy resort, but not too quiet either. Doesn't have to be this place but as a guide Paphos sort of level of busyness but not an Ayia Napa / Malia type place. Half board ideally but not essential. 
  • MATTR5MATTR5 Forumite
    798 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Lenny
    Sorry this is a Beat my Price thread only - Thread rules mean I cant reply - see thread rules at Top 
    Mattr5
    I am a Travel Agent
  • GangaGanga Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would like to go to Grand Canaria on 2nd August,14 nights, adults only/All Inclusive Bull Costa Canaria ,Can anybody better the price of £2800 for two adults? 
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • MATTR5MATTR5 Forumite
    798 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Ganga
    Where are you flying from and does that price include luggage and Transfers - also let me know the Tour Op for flight times etc 
    let me know and I can check what we can do for you 
    Mattr5
    I am a Travel Agent
    I've sent you a PM