Flights for half-term 2021

Almost booked today but concerned about what happens if they get cancelled.
Insurance definitely won't cover it as Covid-19 is now 'pre-existing'.
Credit card S75 claim - would this definitely cover it? They are expensive flights as for half-term so don't want to risk losing the money.

Replies

• edited 30 March 2020 at 7:58AM
    Murphy_The_CatMurphy_The_Cat Forumite
    20.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 30 March 2020 at 7:58AM
    If you don't want to risk losing the money, then don't book the flights ! You've got many months ahead of Feb 2021 to go, no need to book so early if you have concerns.
  • edited 30 March 2020 at 4:16PM
    zagfleszagfles Forumite
    18.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Chutzpah Haggler
    Forumite
    edited 30 March 2020 at 4:16PM
    AIUI credit card should cover if the airline can't provide the service and cancels the flight, or goes bust, but if the flight still goes ahead but you can't fly due to restrictions being in place either here or in the foreign country, or if it would be pointless eg like you are forced to self isolate for the entire holiday, then I don't think you would be covered.
  • Sharon87Sharon87 Forumite
    4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    If you can't risk losing the money don't buy now. Flights go up and down all the time, you've got plenty of time to book the flights. Get skyscanner or a similar site to track the price of the flight and they'll email you when prices drop or increase. The only time I'd book flights is if they were the cheapest seats and I could afford to lose the money. I bought flights to Morocco for February next year which cost £98, so if I can't go it's not much money.
  • stueyhantsstueyhants Forumite
    579 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    Forumite
    Also book direct with the airline, don’t use a third party. Whilst it might seem cheaper many people including me are realising how useless these intermediaries are when issues happen.  
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides