Cardmaking Adhesives

edited 13 March at 3:59PM in Crafting
3 replies 41 views
MirrenMirren Forumite
21 posts
First Anniversary
edited 13 March at 3:59PM in Crafting
I need a bit of help.

ive been Cardmaking for quite a while and always used roller adhesives, however they are quite costly and often break before you finish them wasting the adhesive.
i used this for card inserts and front covers.

however, I have now moved onto PVA pens, it works ok, attaching card fronts doesn’t give a flush hold, leaving bubbles under my inserts  and also leaves wet spots on ribbons when attaching across cards.

ive now bought a glue gun, and it sets within 5 seconds which isn’t enough time to do anything.

help please, any advice on a better brand or type to use for card/invite making and to stop wet spots on ribbons.

Replies

• craftingmadcraftingmad Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I love The Works double sided tape which is £1 a roll. It sticks well and the backing is really easy to peel off.   
    Mortgage - [STRIKE]£125k[/STRIKE][STRIKE] £32k[/STRIKE] £24k OP Made 2010 £29320 OP 2011 £4200
    BTL Mortgage £81K BTL Mortgage £82
    No Craft Spending in 2020 53/366 Stash Busting Challenge 2020 244/2020

1% club member 17,18& 21 - 100% reached 3 times £10k :j New Target £300.57/£5000 6%
    NSD JAN 10/20
  • CarolnMalkyCarolnMalky Forumite
    14.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Collall it is great for card and paper and use DST for ribbons.x
    If you obey all the rules...you miss all the fun!! Katherine Hepburn
  • emsi_bemsi_b Forumite
    154 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I use cheap double sided sticky tape, and then go over with some good pritt stick (Not so good works ok too)- the sticky tape gives the smooth finish and firm hold, and the pritt stick allows you to move things about a bit if it's not quite right. Hope that helps!
    71/52- bust my craft stash 2020!