New Post Advanced Search

1% Fat Milk - on its way out?

edited 27 February at 5:42PM in Gone Off!
4 replies 381 views
Gizmo70Gizmo70 Forumite
99 posts
Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts
edited 27 February at 5:42PM in Gone Off!
I used to buy 1% Fat milk (the one with the orange lid / label) from various supermarkets but noticed recently that my 3 closest Sainburys no longer seem to stock it. I did ask and was told my one shelf stacker that they had stopped doing it!
Thankfully, ASDA and others still seem to be currently selling that type. I hope this isn't the beginning of the end for 1% fat milk, as I prefer it to skimmed.
Save £12k in 2020 #25: £7,735/£10,500 (73%)
Save £12k in 2019 #112: £10,963/£10,500 (104%)

Replies

• ClowanceClowance Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    I too like 1% milk but rarely find it now. Will look in Asda.
    :j Don't forget quidco/topcashback - I do!:j
  • mamanmaman Forumite
    23K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the Arla BoB milk which genuinely does taste like semi skimmed but it's lower fat. Unfortunately the price seems to be hiked up again and again so I only buy it occasionally now. :(
  • 20aday20aday Forumite
    2.6K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best of Both is currently on 'offer' for £1.50 at Sainsbury's at the moment, according to their website.
    I work for a competitor and we continue to stock 1% fat milk. I can't help but feel the rise in Veganism must mean milk consumption is down year on year and it perhaps wasn't cost effective, long term, for Sainsbury's to continue stocking it.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • MrsStepfordMrsStepford Forumite
    402 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    The Grocer, trade mag for supermarkets, is saying that Arla is simplifying their range of milks, because of Covid-19 and cut out several. They are one of the biggest milk processors in the country with several brands including Yeo Valley. Lactofree, Skyr and Anchor and they also process a lot of own brand milk for supermarkets. I guess they looked at total sales figures and decided that cutting the least popular gives them extra capacity for the most popular.