Best couriers to use for sending fragile items outside of the UK?

edited 26 February 2020 at 1:40PM in Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales
2 replies 31 views
[Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
0 Posts
Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
MoneySaving Newbie
I normally use interparcel and use the drop off service depending on courier. I have to send 3 very fragile items to France and see that both DPD and parcel Force offer a service with a few pounds difference between the 2. In the UK I have always used parcel force for sending these fragile items and so far touch wood never had any breakage but sending abroad can be a whole different ball game. I just wondered who out of the 2 couriers could be the most trusting in so far as avoiding damage to goods?

Replies

• lindenslindens Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Both of the above have a good reputation.
    My take on fragile items is this - the least time they are in the postal system the better when it comes to breakages so I opt for the quickest service available for a reasonable price.
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
  • RFWRFW Forumite
    9.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd say DPD of those two. Do either of them offer insurance for your fragile item(s)?
    On the rare occasions I have anything fragile to send I'll do my best to make sure that it is packed so that if someone decides to kick it it won't break.
    If they're light and small it may be worth checking some of the next day European services, FedEx or TNT. The quicker it gets delivered the fewer people handle it and the less chance it has to break.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

PCR tests to end for fully vaccinated

Travellers returning to England in Oct

MSE News

Free Homebuilding & Renovating Show tix

London, Harrogate & Shepton Mallet

MSE Deals