New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Lack of comps

10 replies 851 views
Has anyone noticed that there doesn't seem to be as many comps?  I used to spend all day comping and now done in a few hours. I suppose all companies are feeling the pinch 

Replies

• trueblondetrueblonde Forumite
    622 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    Hertyabazas thanks, I have tried FB comps too many son stories, I was in about normal comps. I am a member of other comp sites but still not enough
  • mumto2boysmumto2boys Forumite
    7.8K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Disagree, plenty of comps out there, just not enough people posting them.
    Social media is awash with them and, if I could be bothered,  I could post between 100-150 new comps just from FB every week. 

Totally agree, there are tons of fb/tw/ig comps out there for posting, and see lots of compers entering them, but few get posted on here.  
    StayHome * StaySafe * BeKind
  • trueblondetrueblonde Forumite
    622 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    I am not on Twitter or Insta and too many sob stories on FB. 
  • tghe-retfordtghe-retford Forumite
    632 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic I won, I won, I won!
    ✭✭
    Competition organisers have found out that they get just as much, if not more interaction and publicity from hosting small value prizes on social media networks and getting people to share than they could from bigger prizes via a web form. For those not on social networks like myself (either permabanned or not rejoining for moral reasons), I think there has been a significantly noticeable decline in non-social media competitions. Would need to run the figures though to verify that.
  • grinnerlynngrinnerlynn Forumite
    240 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    lack of comps due to lack of people posting caused by the nightmare forum changes

:A
  • stubrown55stubrown55 Forumite
    817 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone noticed that there doesn't seem to be as many comps?  I used to spend all day comping and now done in a few hours. I suppose all companies are feeling the pinch 

I  agree - there seems to be a lot less competitions being posted on here since the forum change. But don't think it's necessarily because there are actually less competitions out there. Be interesting to have a look at other competition websites
    I've just caught up from yesterday in well under an hour.
    Perhaps the forum "leads" might have some figures/facts. Only 132 pages currently on the forum - I'm sure there used to be 200+ at times
    2018 wins - kids tennis set (WOW!)

2019 wins - Thank God for TCB - a 10p and a 20p win :(

2020 - NOWT yet

Many thousands of Twitter entries without a sniff of a prize
  • BestNanBestNan Forumite
    12 posts
    10 Posts Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I'm pretty new to this so it's all very sad to hear but I actually prefer this forum to the zoo of Facebook!
    Comping is my slightly guilty pleasure, two wins so far and fingers crossed more to come :)
  • MoralDilemaMoralDilema Forumite
    94 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    I am not on Twitter or Insta and too many sob stories on FB. 
    way too many of them.
    and the infernally annoying 'thanks for the chance'
    People should get an instant ban as soon as they type them words.
    Speak your mind.- Nobody else will do it for you.