New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

iWeb

16 replies 681 views
slingaslinga Forumite
1.5K posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
✭✭✭
Not used to this new style on MSE yet so starting a new thread.
I want to switch funds or part of funds in my iWeb ISA account but can't see how to do it.
Can someone point me in the right direction or tell me what to click or provide 4 or 5 lines on how I do it.
Thanks.
It's your money. Except if it's the governments.

Replies

• Tom99Tom99 Forumite
    5.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you not just sell the funds you don't want and buy those you do?
  • Tom99Tom99 Forumite
    5.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jack71 said:
    What is I web

A fund platform. You can buy/sell and hold funds and shares.

• bowlhead99bowlhead99 Forumite
    10.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Post of the Month
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom99 said:
    Jack71 said:
    What is I web

A fund platform. You can buy/sell and hold funds and shares.

The new poster just showed up in the middle of the night and posted ~30 inane comments on a bunch of threads in the space of a few minutes, presumably to build a post count to be allowed to come back and post spam links.  Best to just hit the report/spam button :)
  • DiamondLilDiamondLil Forumite
    289 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Click on the 'Funds Centre' tab, scroll down and on the right of the page is a "transfer to us" link.
  • edited 15 February at 1:22PM
    benbay001benbay001 Forumite
    211 posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    edited 15 February at 1:22PM
    When i sold a fund in my Iweb account, i clicked on the "+" symbol on the main breakdown page, next to the fund i wanted to sell, clicked on sell and then on the next page i types in the exact number of units Iweb said i held.
    Edit: Why TF has my post been marked as spam?  :'(
    Saving Pennys To Pay For Petrol Powered Toys
    Im A Budding Neil Woodford.
  • nothing_to_fearnothing_to_fear Forumite
    2 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I don't think there's any specific "switch" feature on IWeb, unlike some platforms.
    I.e. you first put in a sell order (for which you have to specify the number of units to sell, not the amount in £ you want from the sale). Then you wait a day or 2 until the cash from the sale becomes available to invest (which doesn't mean waiting until the sale is settled, but until the price is determined by the fund manager and it's been reported back to IWeb's systems). Only after that can you place a buy order (for which you have to specify the amount in £ to invest, not the number of units to buy).
    So you will be out of the market for a day or 2. Unless you have enough spare cash in your account to let you place the sell and buy orders at the same time.
    It's a bit limited, but then IWeb is *so* cheap (for large, rarely traded accounts that include open-ended funds).
  • badger09badger09 Forumite
    8.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Click on the 'Funds Centre' tab, scroll down and on the right of the page is a "transfer to us" link.
    OP wants to switch funds already held in IWEB ISA, not transfer funds in 
  • DiamondLilDiamondLil Forumite
    289 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭

badger09 said:
    OP wants to switch funds already held in IWEB ISA, not transfer funds in 

Yes, thanks badger - just noticed that; (I should refrain from posting until I've had several more coffees).
    I'm with IWeb and don't think there is a facility for switching in and out of funds.

• slingaslinga Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think there's any specific "switch" feature on IWeb, unlike some platforms.
    I.e. you first put in a sell order (for which you have to specify the number of units to sell, not the amount in £ you want from the sale). Then you wait a day or 2 until the cash from the sale becomes available to invest (which doesn't mean waiting until the sale is settled, but until the price is determined by the fund manager and it's been reported back to IWeb's systems). Only after that can you place a buy order (for which you have to specify the amount in £ to invest, not the number of units to buy).
    So you will be out of the market for a day or 2. Unless you have enough spare cash in your account to let you place the sell and buy orders at the same time.
    It's a bit limited, but then IWeb is *so* cheap (for large, rarely traded accounts that include open-ended funds).
    I'm concerned that if I do things the way you suggest then I'll be selling off an ISA and then rebuying therefore losing some of my annual ISA allowance, if you see what I mean.
    Similarly if I want to sell off an ISA and hold it as cash within my ISA account until I decide to purchase an ISA with that cash.

Straight forward in Hargreaves Lansdown but it doesn't appear so straight forward with iWeb.

It's your money. Except if it's the governments.
  • benbay001benbay001 Forumite
    211 posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    As long as you do not remove the funds from the ISA wrapper back to your current account then it does not come out of your ISA allowance.
    Saving Pennys To Pay For Petrol Powered Toys
    Im A Budding Neil Woodford.