New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Barclaycard PPI

11 replies 451 views
I recently put in a claim for PPI against Barclaycard.  I knew I had a Barclaycard but it was so long ago I didn't have much information, and it was only recently when I realised this had been added on to many cards/policies without being properly explained as being an optional extra.
Anyhow, Barclaycard have responded and do not agree that PPI was missold.  They state that I was eligible for the policy at the based on my employment situation.  They also state that that I was provided with enough information to make an informed decision and that the policy was taken out in branch.  There is no way this happened.  It was a long time ago and I would remember.  I do not recall being told anything at all. 
I can appeal but does anyone know if it is worth it?  I think Barclays are trying to worm their way out of paying as they have already paid out to 1000s of customers already and they just don't want to cough up.  

Replies

• McKneffMcKneff Forumite
    38.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have no proof, you cant expect them to just give you miney. 

If it was a long time ago, its more likely that you have forgotten

You have to have proof, if you havent, you have to move on. 

make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    penelopepitstop1 said:  It was a long time ago and I would remember.  
    Surely the longer ago this was the more likely that you wouldn't remember?  :o
  • sun73sun73 Forumite
    496 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    I recently put in a claim for PPI against Barclaycard.  I knew I had a Barclaycard but it was so long ago I didn't have much information, and it was only recently when I realised this had been added on to many cards/policies without being properly explained as being an optional extra.
    Anyhow, Barclaycard have responded and do not agree that PPI was missold.  They state that I was eligible for the policy at the based on my employment situation.  They also state that that I was provided with enough information to make an informed decision and that the policy was taken out in branch.  There is no way this happened.  It was a long time ago and I would remember.  I do not recall being told anything at all. 
    I can appeal but does anyone know if it is worth it?  I think Barclays are trying to worm their way out of paying as they have already paid out to 1000s of customers already and they just don't want to cough up.  
    How long ago did you fill in the application form?
  • -taff-taff Forumite
    12.2K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can forward your complaint to the FOS if you like, but there is no guarantee they will overturn Barclays decision.
  • penelopepitstop1penelopepitstop1 Forumite
    9 posts
    Name Dropper First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Thank you for the person who put a positive comment, I cannot understand why people have to be so rude on these forums
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • penelopepitstop1penelopepitstop1 Forumite
    9 posts
    Name Dropper First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    sun73 said:
    sun73 said:
    I filled it in before the deadline but they only responded on 10th February.  Unfortunately I do not have all the details but I was sold PPI, they have confirmed this.  I have gone to the FOS as I disagree with their decision
  • edited 25 February at 7:33PM
    SonOfSonOf Forumite
    2.6K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 25 February at 7:33PM
    Thank you for the person who put a positive comment, I cannot understand why people have to be so rude on these forums
    Has there been posts removed as I cant see any rude ones?  (actually, your first post is probably the closest with your false allegation)

I have gone to the FOS as I disagree with their decision
    That is all you can do but dont get your hopes up.  The FOS are currently rejecting around three quarters of PPI complaints now as banks/lenders are generally a lot fairer on how they deal with complaints now.  

Did you provide any further evidence to support your allegations or did you just repeat the same thing?

They state that I was eligible for the policy at the based on my employment situation.  They also state that that I was provided with enough information to make an informed decision and that the policy was taken out in branch.  There is no way this happened.  It was a long time ago and I would remember.  I do not recall being told anything at all. 
    The fact you were eligible works against you as the rest of your complaint is weak.  Barclays rejection reasons seem strong.   It would require either a very generous adjudicator or a failure issue not spotted by Barclays and not mentioned by you.

• sun73sun73 Forumite
    496 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    sun73 said:
    sun73 said:
    I filled it in before the deadline but they only responded on 10th February.  Unfortunately I do not have all the details but I was sold PPI, they have confirmed this.  I have gone to the FOS as I disagree with their decision
    Sorry,  I meant the Barclaycard application form not the PPI complaint form. Have you sent a SAR?
  • SocajamSocajam Forumite
    1.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    You mean they are "rude" because they state the facts
    Obviously you are not entitled to any FREE money.
  • RichW52RichW52 Forumite
    10 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    A lot of people are rude on here I totally agree !! 
    I would still try to fight it ,  I was awarded a large payout recently from Lloyd’s . The same Lloyd’s who told me I didn’t have PPI 5 years ago !!!!

Good Luck 👍