Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt-free Wannabe Challenges

'No More Buying Books Until I've Read the Ones I've Already Bought' Thread - Page 423

New Post Advanced Search

'No More Buying Books Until I've Read the Ones I've Already Bought' Thread

edited 21 June 2016 at 3:30PM in Debt-free Wannabe Challenges
4.2K replies 333.4K views
1417418419420421423»

Replies

• InaPickleInaPickle Forumite
    6K posts
    I read Bridget Hones' Baby over Christmas. It was fun, but I'm unlikely to read it again so I gave it to a charity shop.
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

• edited 11 February at 12:14PM
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    MoneySaving Newbie
    edited 11 February at 12:14PM
    New to MSE Forum and on my wanderings trying to familiarise myself with it I came across this thread.  Heaven sent for someone like me, a book magpie :o.

Have tried to cut down my book buying and have pretty much succeeded except for charity shops.  Whenever I take a donation of books in I always seem to come out with more to take their place.  I tend to excuse this by telling myself they were only 50p/£1 each and it was for charity anyway.  Defeats the object though of reading the mountain I already have and then donating or selling on.

I've been having eye trouble for the past few months involving frequent eye drops each day which blur my vision so I've been trying to find any books with larger print among my stash.  The cheaper paperbacks have such small and faint printing on greyish paper.  Nightmare!  Currently plodding my way through Volume 2 of the authorized biography of Margaret Thatcher by Charles Moore.  A bargain charity shop buy!  Nice hardback, very thick though. Reasonably clear black print but there's so many words per page and the footnotes are so hard to read.  I'll persist though as I read Vol 1  before my eyes started playing up and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  There's also a newly published Vol 3 but I'll try to get that from the library someday. Whatever people thought of Mrs T and her politics she certainly lived through and helped shape some interesting times!