Forum Home» Competitions Time» Compers Chat Corner

New Forum layout problems / bugs / How Do I?

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

New Forum layout problems / bugs / How Do I?

edited 8 February at 10:18PM in Compers Chat Corner
413 replies 19.7K views
sleepyjonessleepyjones Forumite
5.5K posts
Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭✭✭
edited 8 February at 10:18PM in Compers Chat Corner
Guys, if we have issues with the new forum layout, the Feedback forum is here : 
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/categories/site-feedback
Let's not clutter up the Compers Chat with 10 versions of the same post :) 

Or maybe we have a discussion in here, and then we can just submit all of the comping related posts in one managable, spam-free request on the Feedback forum.

How do I?
  • Edit a Post?
    Open up your post and click on the cog (settings) icon to the top right
  • Search only Competitions Time easily?
    Click the Purple Search icon next to the page numbers, will search only this forum.
  • Tag a user?
    Type @ and then start to type the users name, a popup will appear, click on the user to tag them.
  • List by End Date?
    Not available yet, but in the meantime you can search (ie, search for anything posted in 6 months of today with E: 07/02 in the title : https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/search?adv=1&search=&title=E%3A+07%2F02&author=&cat=72&tags=&discussion_d=1&within=6+months&date=today)
  • View my Subscriptions from the old site?
    Click on "Bookmarks" in the top right or go here : https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussions/bookmarked
  • List new postshttps://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/categories/competitions-time?sort=new 
    Thanks to Spot5Flowers
  • When I paste a comp the text is appearing huge / wrong?
    Quickest way to sort is to paste by using CTRL SHIFT V (Instead of just CTRL V) ... alternatively if you right click choose "Paste Plain Text".
    You need to paste your content into a basic text editor like Notepad and then copy and paste it from there, this will remove any unwanted styling.
    The other way to do it would be to paste it into "Code View", at the end of the Icons at the top of the Text editor, there's a button that looks like </> ... click on that,  paste your bumff, and then click the icon again.  You will probably need to do a bit of editing afterwards to put in returns and stuff but at least the styling stuff won't be there.
Current Issues : 
  1. We need the red X / Green Ticks back on the main listing - This is being worked on by the dev team as we speak.
  2. Thread title font size is too big - I was zoomed in on my browser 'cause the green site was too small, but proportionately, the title sizes are still too big
  3. Emoticons appear huge in search results (ie search for "Oschar" from within the last month on the Competitions Time forum)
  4. Need the ability to search / list threads by Date / Title (especially useful for End-Daters)  - This is being worked on by the dev team as we speak.
  5. Thread details should show on hover on the titles in the main board.
  6. Don't know if you've entered in the Game Over board, makes it difficult to thank the correct user if you do win as it's hard to tell which competitions you did or didn't enter.
  7. Mark Expired button.
  8. No way to unclick "Entered" without changing the status to Skipped.
  9. Entered / Skipped should appear in Search results
  10. Character Limit in posts? ... could potentially be an isssue with Terms heavy comps and would be a total nightmare for something like an Advents thread / Compers Challenge post.
Nice to have?
*Good Luck * Be Lucky * Stay Lucky*

Replies

• sleepyjonessleepyjones Forumite
    5.5K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Compli-ment button seems to be working for me.
    *Good Luck * Be Lucky * Stay Lucky*
  • Mouse400Mouse400 Forumite
    799 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Compli-ment button seems to be working for me.
    Many thanks Sleepyj! It seems to come and go on mine, so hopefully will settle down with time.
  • GParkGPark Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    My bookmarked link to view 200 posts per page no longer works, is anyone able to help with creating a new one?
    C2W........1002/1000.....Email......542/1000.......FB...........216/1000
    Gleam.......246/1000.....IG..............0/1000.......MD.........3449/1000
    RC...........218/1000......TW..........464/1000......Web.........3863/1000
  • rhialwencomprhialwencomp Forumite
    388 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭
    No hover text.

Skips and and enters missing entirely from post phone and text.
  • maggie777maggie777 Forumite
    972 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    No hover text.

Skips and and enters missing entirely from post phone and text.

Agree with above - these are biggest issues for me
  • edited 7 February at 3:07PM
    2013yearofthehouse2013yearofthehouse Forumite
    3K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 7 February at 3:07PM
    Is anyone seeing Entered/Skipped in Game Over? I'm hoping they just haven't set them up yet, because it's such a big section, but it will have them eventually. Otherwise there is no way to check if you entered something once it's been moved to Game Over. Not that major a problem (there are many worse functionality problems that have already been mentioned - ordering, skipping without opening etc.), but what happens if a comp is moved to Game Over and then needs to go back on the Main Board (like when the end date was wrong or changes etc.). I wonder if the entered/skipped would be preserved or reset - if reset then you could end up entering again as it would no longer show that you'd previously selected "entered". I suppose we'd have to make do with looking at whether we'd selected "comp-liment" instead, but you can't do that by just scanning the list, so preserving the selection when threads are moved to Game Over would be better.