Forum Home» Mortgage-Free Wannabe

22 Foxhole East - Page 174

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

22 Foxhole East

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
2.6K replies 316.7K views

Replies

• apple_muncherapple_muncher Forumite
    11.1K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember to play nicely with the muppet...
    NST November#1; NSD2 ; Ex2 ; bagfuls (62)

Mortgage £500? ish (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295; 01/18 23,143; 01/19: 18.275) MFWDate: very soonish
  • f0xh0lesf0xh0les Forumite
    3.9K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly apple, I am so flippin' cross with him! He is going into a hot bubble bath as soon as the school run is over. Then I am rolling him in Vicks, and he can have a hot lemon chaser. He can have an ice cream sundae if he is a good boy and eats all his dinner.

Just got an email from remortgage-bunnies, who are requesting a revised redemption fee after my overpayment, and taking DH's scheduled payment into account, and they have asked for the originals of the signed deeds that they said we could just scan in. So all that is packed up and ready and in today's post 1st class.

I so do not want to take DS4 to the dentist today. Sometimes being a grown-up sucks. But at least the remortgage seems to be on track for 3rd Feb.
    MFW#65 November 20 = £89,500 Next target £88k + sub £4.25 interest a day ...
    E/F £12,500 + K/F £2,400 = £14,500
    NSTurtle # 8🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢 but I still need a new roof.
    3.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    DS4 got a clean bill of health from the dentist. Phew!
    Slept much better last night. DS2 coughed up until midnight, then was silent until 8am. He has spent the morning coughing, but it sounds a much healthier cough than the floorboard rattler he was producing yesterday. So another hot bath, hot drinks, lots more drinks, the odd drink, and some cough mixture is on the cards for today. Tomorrow he can go back to school, and see how he goes.

One after school club today for DS4, think I will let them have pizza for tea, I have 2 bases in the pantry and enough bits in the pantry and freezer to do toppings. If there is squealing, wailing, and gnashing of teeth at the prospect (my kids are proper weird), then it will be toad in't 'ole and veg. I have 6 sausages in the fridge. I am rationing portion sizes.

My diet powder is arriving tomorrow by post (£5 cheaper than the shop, and they actually have the flavour I want - mint choc!- and free delivery) when I am at the foodbank. Any other flippin' day this week at that time it would be fine, but no, tomorrow 12 -2. Rats! Will look forward to see where they leave it.

Dirty Stopout Dr F0xholes was out last night, and he is out tonight as well, honestly!

But it did mean I had a lovely bath last night and washed my hair, so now it is a mad, pouffy 3/4 afro-esque cloud. I have a halo.

I also have a rather lovely blue double duvet set!! I put the dyebomb in the machine, ran it for about 20 minutes, pushed the pause button (II), left it to sit for an hour (not on the instructions but I am a rebel), came back, hit the >> button, and the colour has set really nicely. I was worried cos it is a poly-cotton mix (51/49%) but it looks great. Yay! Went through on a normal wash afterwards and it did not lighten any. Beds due to be changed on Saturday so if DS1 gets up looking like a smurf on Sunday, then I know it was not a good idea. Otherwise, yay!. If I see any more dye packets in the charity shop then they are coming home with me, and a few of the older, slightly greyer bottom sheets can have a spruce up. Just hope I don't find a bulk lot of neon orange. The kids will never speak to me again.
    3.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    End of January round up. Tomorrow is the last day of Jan, and until midnight tonight, I have 34p in my current account. This is actually quite an achievement. I know it does not look like it, but as I transferred £600 into my savings account at the start of the month to round it all up to £10k (still can't believe I have skimmed £10k off the housekeeping in 2 years) and I have managed not to transfer any money back for groceries, or emergencies, or daily living, I am doing flippin' well. PARP*

Have I mentioned my washing machine has got very loud, and quite a bit more mobile in the last week?

Tomorrow the £30 child tax goes into my account. Saturday the housekeeping goes in, and Monday the child benefit goes in. So I am glad I held my nerve for the past week when I have had £5 or less in my account. I was tempted. But I did not.

The remortgage page online has updated items from 29/1 so things seem to be progressing. Not exactly confident it will all be done and dusted on 3rd. But it will be next week sometime. I can't wait for DH to start paying down the last 16 years of his mortgage. My mortgage will of course be much, much shorter.

*that is the sound of me, blowing my own trumpet.
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    9.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was t sure if it was your trumpet or last nights curry :rotfl:

Well done on surviving to the end of Jan, it's been a long 96 days for sure....
    I have stayed away from shops for the past few days but absolutely must visit the big blue German store tomorrow as we are on our last loo roll :eek:

Fingers crossed for the mortgage move by 3rd.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
    3.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    All the lovely money came in this morning! Except child benefit. So have moved the money around all the various pots, and I think I can end Feb with £11k if I am careful. I can't make any mortgage overpayments until all the bank stuff is over. I am concentrating on getting money for the extension - I keep seeing nice renovations online, and they are all in the £50k area, and it is scaring me.
    Time to wake the kids and get on with the day,
    Happy Friday y'all
    3.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    urgh, wrote a post and it got eaten.
    3.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did a mad 9 shop shopping trip this morning, got most of what I needed - I am going 'proper shopping' on Monday night after the foodbank as I am going on a ys/coupon/money-off-voucher shop and will get as much for my minimum £30 spend as I possibly can. I was back home by 11.30 and had been out just over 3 hours. So, shake for breakfast, lunch like a normal person, shake for supper today. So DH decided to make my favourite food for supper! He is such a diet saboteur. I did not fall for it though. The whole house smells of fried leek pastries, but my mint choc shake was what I need. So that is what I had. I have met DH before, I know his M.O. The swine.

It got to 4.30 and I realised I had not done the beds! So off I raced, and all the top floor bedrooms were a total state. So I cleaned and tidied them (the kids scarpered - gits) hoovered them (the bedrooms not the kids), and changed the beds - then did mine (how many flippin' pillowcases??? I love lots of pillows) and so they are all done except DS2, as suddenly I do not have enough double sheets to do his bed..... So I will look in the c/s for another nice double sheet (always surprised at the nice high cotton count sheets in the c/s) this week, so I can go back to doing everyone's beds the same day. I think this happened last month on the 15th as well. Somebody has eaten a fitted sheet! My children are moths. It is the only possible answer.

DH looked at his Shanghai bank online account, and there is a new section called 'mortgage account'!!! still no news from the other switching bods though, so it will either be done on Monday, or not. Either way it should be done by Friday I reckon. The account is still there (with the wrong balance) with the old provider. But £13 a day of interest!! Come on, switch me quick!
    3.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those rotten bugg*rs at the bank of Clyde have taken 7 days and still have not provided the redemption figure. Because they are !!!!in' useless. So now the conveyancers are chasing them, and when they get the numbers, then it will take at least 3 days, so we are back on Friday at the earliest ... just not the Friday we were all expecting, and already an extra £56 in interest, with another £56 if it all goes through in 4 days.

House is lovely and tidy, and hoovered! (ignore the kitchen, I have not done that yet) I will do that while cooking supper and dancing around like a crazy flapper.
    Need to plan what on earth I am going to do with S-i-L when she comes at Easter. DH will go and hide - so no help there.

Just heard on the news the Coventry branch of 1KEA is to close due to it being too expensive to run. Blimey! Who'd have thought the Swedish store would ever feel the bite?