Updated Find the cheapest broadband discussion thread

edited 14 June 2010 at 3:34PM in Broadband & Internet Access
1.9K replies 556K views

Replies

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    telemetry wrote: »
    The T&Cs say this (I saved all the webpages etc during signup.. well, because of this kind of thing!)

so basically after 120 days had passed (like it says) we started chasing them up

but there's been no reply from that address, at all, after a couple of emails

So is this typical? £100 is a lot of money to lose, and my dad wouldn't have gone with Vodafone without the gift card bringing the effective cost down. I've never had a problem with these gift cards before, and it's not like Vodafone is a sketchy unknown company... does MSE have any kind of reporting thing for when this happens?

I would try a postal complaint myself, otherwise an email.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/bills-and-utilities/phone/vodafone-make-customer-services-listen-complaint/
  • Middle_SisterMiddle_Sister Forumite
    494 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    My BT contract is coming up for renewal shortly and I am paying £40.98 a month. BT have offered me superfast fibre BB, line rental + any time calls for £32.98 a month. Is this a good deal? We are in our 60's and don't do gaming or streaming etc.
  • csgohan4csgohan4 Forumite
    8.6K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    My BT contract is coming up for renewal shortly and I am paying £40.98 a month. BT have offered me superfast fibre BB, line rental + any time calls for £32.98 a month. Is this a good deal? We are in our 60's and don't do gaming or streaming etc.

Have a look at deals for you

https://broadband.moneysavingexpert.com/?_ga=2.21377394.877054311.1579613224-1592618438.1566417896
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ PIxie RIP
  • telemetrytelemetry Forumite
    3 posts
    I would try a postal complaint myself, otherwise an email.

all right I'll look into that, thanks!
  • katies_mumkaties_mum Forumite
    2.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have just changed my Sky package to £25 for Superfast Broadband and free Anytime Calls, £10 admin charge which I couldn`t manage to get waived. The offer was an advert in the Daily Mail, ends 6th Feb.
  • edited 3 February at 4:06PM
    makaramakara Forumite
    377 posts
    ✭✭
    edited 3 February at 4:06PM
    katies_mum wrote: »
    Have just changed my Sky package to £25 for Superfast Broadband and free Anytime Calls, £10 admin charge which I couldn`t manage to get waived. The offer was an advert in the Daily Mail, ends 6th Feb.

Thanks a ton, KM - I just renewed my NORMAL Broadband for £20 per month - so was shocked to see your post, and when I called Sky they said my line (which currently gets about 14 meg on normal BB) can get over 60 meg on Superfast Fibre.

Additionally - I am trying to get an extra £65 via "Topcashback" for Sky Broadband upgrade - or £60 on "Quidco".

However...right now the Sky website itself keeps having technical issues on the Broadband upgrade page - whether I go via the Cashback sites, or directly - and Sky told me if I have to phone them to change the package, then I won't get any Cashback from TCB or QC.

P.S. - the lady also told me the £10 Change Fee I paid won't get charged "again", as it's only been a few days since I entered into an 18 month contract for the "Essentials" package (see my post a few above yours) -

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=76768286&postcount=1838

She also told me I will NOT be charged the £19.95 Fibre Activation fee, as I am a "V.I.P." with Sky.

Regardless...even if I don't get the £65 Cashback...really appreciate your timely post, as £5 more for Fibre for the next 18 months is the Bees Knees :-)
  • makaramakara Forumite
    377 posts
    ✭✭
    katies_mum wrote: »

P.S. Be careful of the "free Anytime calls" thing

- other websites advertise that as what Sky are giving

- but Sky told me (and it was on their website too...) that what you get for £25 is "Pay as you Talk"

- not "Anytime" (which costs an extra £10 per month...)
  • AmitoSanAmitoSan Forumite
    7 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Hi people

Is there anybody here who has actually received Amazon Vouchers from BroadbandGenie ???

I was about to go for the Vodafone Superfast 1 deal where you are supposed to receive a £120 Amazon voucher from BroadbandGenie, but there seem to be a lot of people on here who have had problems getting similar vouchers.

I wondered if anyone can say, 'Yes - it worked for me!!!' ???

I spoke to Vodafone and they claim to know nothing about the offer and said there are lots of scams around that seem similar to this (though stopped short of saying this was a scam).

So, has anyone done this deal (or a similar one) and received their vouchers okay?

Anyone? :question: :huh:
  • AmitoSanAmitoSan Forumite
    7 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    What do Broadband Genie say ??

Yes I'd read that already. Obviously it tells you nothing about how many people have received their vouchers okay.

What bothers me is that Vodafone themselves deny any knowledge of this scheme and in fact actively warned me off, and that there are many people on MSE who have clearly had problems getting vouchers even when complying with the conditions.

I was just hoping for a bit of positivity from a few people saying it had worked okay for them...