Forum Home» Freebies (no spend required)

Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel - Page 295

New Post Advanced Search

Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Freebies (no spend required)
3.5K replies 448.7K views

Replies

• silvercarsilvercar Forumite, Board Guide
    41.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My February stamps arrived yesterday.

I keep getting messages hounding me to log items they consider I should have received but didn’t. Have they never heard of items being lost in the post?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debate House Prices & the Economy, House Buying, Renting & Selling, Mortgages and Endowments, In My Home incl DIY, Overseas Holidays & Student boards.
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.
  • stevephotostevephoto Forumite
    30 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    MABLE wrote: »
    You still get stamps but it is at the end of the training period and then when you go live then you get another lots of stamps with the presentation ones. I know this information is correct because I have recently completed my training again and just started on the live mail.

However 5 cubes next week. Oh well!

You will find the presentation pack is for your second month of live postng despite what it might say in the letter.
  • littlemoneylittlemoney Forumite
    359 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    This time I have had more queries on date received than ever before. Each time I have correctly recorded the date so the sender data entry must have been incorrect. This has made me wonder if it is app related. Never had this number of queries when it was web site data entry or perhaps they can't get reliable panellists. The rewards are actually that enticing especially to youngsters who do everything electronically so have no need for stamps.
  • LalalaLindyLalalaLindy Forumite
    86 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    This time I have had more queries on date received than ever before. Each time I have correctly recorded the date so the sender data entry must have been incorrect. This has made me wonder if it is app related. Never had this number of queries when it was web site data entry or perhaps they can't get reliable panellists. The rewards are actually that enticing especially to youngsters who do everything electronically so have no need for stamps.

I only started back on the live panel this month and I’ve already had three queries about whether I’ve entered the postage details correctly. I’ve checked the R number stickers and each time the sender has done it incorrectly. I’m not sure what’s going on - starting to feel like it’s being done on purpose to check up on me <paranoid> ;)
    LBM 23/09/13 - DFD 08/10/17 :T
  • InAInA Forumite
    207 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Primrose wrote: »
    I think they risk putting new panellists off by not offering stamps incentive for training periods

The change in policy was probably brought about by the numbers of people who were signing up for "free stamps" without realising there was an ongoing commitment to participate in a survey. This in turn had been caused by a number of freebie sites promising "free stamps" for signing up but without mentioning that you had to "earn" those stamps.

I had assumed that those freebie sites had made an honest mistake because there were unaware of how the panel works, but they haven't advertised it since the change in policy. So it seems they were encouraging people to take the free stamps in the knowledge that TNS wouldn't ask for stamps to be returned if you decided you didn't want to participate (which most probably didn't).

Of course, genuine panellists (especially those who get stuck in training for an abnormally long period) are the ones who are disadvantaged by the change. However, IMO, the blame lies with the freebie sites, not TNS.

On the unrelated topic of senders writing on envelopes - I must have had a lucky stint as I don't recall receiving any this time.
  • SaetanaSaetana Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Its most unfair for us returning panellists - who have to go through at least one stint of retraining every single time we go back on the main panel, 2-3 if you keep getting put on hold, no matter how many years we have been doing the survey. Seriously considering whether its worth carrying on next time I am invited back onto the main panel - they don't pay us that well for the work involved in the first place!
    2020 Wins:
  • littlemoneylittlemoney Forumite
    359 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Saetana wrote: »
    Its most unfair for us returning panellists - who have to go through at least one stint of retraining every single time we go back on the main panel, 2-3 if you keep getting put on hold, no matter how many years we have been doing the survey. Seriously considering whether its worth carrying on next time I am invited back onto the main panel - they don't pay us that well for the work involved in the first place!

I am also wondering if the pay is worth the effort especially as I don't use many stamps and when I tried to sell them people only wanted to pay silly money. It would be an improvement if the value of stamps could be paid each month via the reward system. At the points can be used elsewhere.
  • custardycustardy Forumite
    37.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am also wondering if the pay is worth the effort especially as I don't use many stamps and when I tried to sell them people only wanted to pay silly money. It would be an improvement if the value of stamps could be paid each month via the reward system. At the points can be used elsewhere.

RM will be providing the stamps. So they dont 'pay' the value of the stamps.
  • need_an_answerneed_an_answer Forumite
    2.8K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im currently doing a correctly delivered and have had my first ever incorrectly delivered item that I'm actually able to log.

Occasionally I get a misdelivered item but its never when I'm actually doing the 2 week survey.

I've been on the panel years and its the only time I've actually had to really input anything significant but just goes to show it can happen.
    in S6 T 22 F 36
    out S11 T 16 F 41

2017-32 2018 -33 2019 -21
  • Chocmonster7Chocmonster7 Forumite
    2.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just checked and it looks like I'm back on the live panel next week, training starts by having to post a Cube... :cool: