Forum Home» Mortgage-Free Wannabe

22 Foxhole East - Page 173

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

22 Foxhole East

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
2.6K replies 306K views

Replies

• f0xh0lesf0xh0les Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quite right too. I have decided, when I have the motivation, to just do it. That way when it goes away again I can think 'well I was productive on Sunday so I can waste half a day with a book on the sofa today'. I mean I get up at 6am. They don't. My day does not stop at 3 pm or 5pm. There shall be no guilt in my life. If your body is telling you to relax, then listen to it. Mine has been possessed by the evil spirit of that blonde wench (Anthea someone?) psycho-maniac cleaning guru.

My only consolation is that I know it will not last and the demonic possession is merely a temporary aberration. But at least my house shall be cleaner in the short term.
    Last night I dreamt Les Dennis was trying to kill me in a lift. Figure that one out!
    MFW#65 Sept 20 = £89,999.99 Under £90 k!
    E/F £14,000 + K/F £2,100
    NSTurtle # 6🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢 but I still need a new roof.
  • apple_muncherapple_muncher Forumite
    11K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have spent most of the day on the sofa with a poorly dd. I managed to make the coffee, do a wash, get dressed and watch a video with dd that she missed at sch yesterday!
    NST October#; NSD ; Ex ; bagfuls (61)

Mortgage £500? ish (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295; 01/18 23,143; 01/19: 18.275) MFWDate: very soonish
    3.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    When your kids are sick, all bets are off.

Apple gets Mum of the Week Award.
    I just watched the first episode of Picard!! I do love him. Have you seen Trump's Space Force logo - total rip-off of the Star Trek Federation badge.

Have been very good on the diet front, shake for breakfast and shake for supper and DH made Mezze for lunch. They all had fresh tomato sauce and tagliatelle for supper. Ooooh it did look nice though. My shake tasted pink, because it was pink flavour. Oh well, as long as it does the job I can carry on with it for a bit. They all had chocolate ice cream and mint choc shot for pudding, and I did not say a word. They did say poor you though.

But it is my own fault, I ate it, now I have to burn it off . Nobody else's fault or responsibility. Wouldn't it be nice if things that did not weigh much had fewer calories than things that weigh lots? So you could lose weight on crisps, popcorn, and wotsits (or vegan equivalent) and had to eat bricks to put weight on. Sadly the world does not work like that, even if you want it to.

The list for tomorrow has been written and I know what I am doing. Starting with another shake for breakfast! yay!
    E/F £14,000 + K/F £2,100
  • edited 26 January at 5:58AM
    badmemorybadmemory Forumite
    3.8K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 26 January at 5:58AM
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    When your kids are sick, all bets are off.

I just watched the first episode of Picard!! I do love him. Have you seen Trump's Space Force logo - total rip-off of the Star Trek Federation badge.
    What a rip off indeed. I do hope that they have the copyright! How dare he! Back in the early seventies on a Monday night I used to be 10 minutes late to a meeting, every week, just to see the original Star Trek. And that person hijacks it, who on earth does he think he is?

ETA - OMG I am that old - I was in my late 20s then, sitting car keys in hand coat on, hijacking my parents TV. Have you seen the original series? I especially loved the one on colour prejudice. Their faces were split down the middle & one side being white was good & the other was bad. I think they should make it something every child should watch to see the idiocy of colour prejudice. Gene Roddenbury despite some faults was an absolute genius.
    3.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    First inter-racial kiss on tv too badmemory. Couldn't do it in public in many parts of America, but could do it amongst the stars.

I love them all, Star Trek, Next Gen, Enterprise, Beyond, Discovery, DS9, as well as Bab5, Firefly, B-S-G, all the Star Wars, and my personal favourite Farscape.

I am a Space Opera nerd.
    E/F £14,000 + K/F £2,100
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
    3.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just back from the tip, recycled all the metal, cardboard, big jar of batteries (where the heck do they keep coming from??) torn clothes for rags, broken backpacks for the plastic parts, broken wooden chair that DH fixed, but the kids got to it before the glue dried fully and rocked it to bits (stop swinging on that chair! snap!) a couple of small electrical devices - CO detector, head shaver etc. and a monitor with screen bleed.

All the overnight laundry (where did that come from?) done, dried and folded and returned to owners - even the PE kits back in bags. I am on a roll! Watched Marr, got annoyed by people who claim to have everything under control, but can't/won't tell what they are doing (shhh, it's a secret!). Don't start me on Shark Face Patel. I'm not smirking, my face was made that way. :mad:
    So now I have a lovely clear hallway, a car boot filled with all the stuff to go and live its new life at the charity shop tomorrow morning after the school run, and I have nearly finished another book.
    Menu plan has been put on my Cafe Pinboard in the kitchen - they can't say they have not been informed. They will also mix the letters up for a laugh.
    Also my weight is going in the right direction (downwards) and the first number is about to change.
    As I sound so virtuous, I shall turn into SuperCowMum and demand all the kids must do their homework. Mwaa hahaha:D
    DS2 is coughing, DS3 is coughing, DS4 has just started coughing this morning, DH started coughing last night and feels light headed and 'weird' and 'a bit funny'. Told him he has always been weird and a bit funny, he told me to, erm, Fiddle Off.:rotfl:
    This time next week will be DS3s birthday. The mortgage might have completed, payday will have been and gone, and we will have left the EU:(. I will also weigh considerably less than the 14.0 I weigh today (4lbs down so far - nowhere near as fab as CCL but any loss is a win in my book). Breakfast was Pink. Lunch is noodles, Supper will be Pink and I will have a Cashew Milk Hot Chocolate as a reward for getting through another week (made with cocoa powder). :T I have already eaten 2 apples. :rotfl:.
    E/F £14,000 + K/F £2,100
  • badmemorybadmemory Forumite
    3.8K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    First inter-racial kiss on tv too badmemory. Couldn't do it in public in many parts of America, but could do it amongst the stars.

I love them all, Star Trek, Next Gen, Enterprise, Beyond, Discovery, DS9, as well as Bab5, Firefly, B-S-G, all the Star Wars, and my personal favourite Farscape.

I am a Space Opera nerd.

Ditto! (my least favourite was Star Wars). I often wonder how we got from inter- spacial to isolationist. Obviously not us. The world seems to have taken a wrong turn somewhere.
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    9.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember watching reruns of the original Star Trek while eating my dinner in the evening, loved it. Never got into the newer stuff though but do love Doctor Who (even if the lastest series have been nauseatingly PC and moralistic....please could we just have a few episodes with weeping angels and darleks blowing things up just because they want to, not some moral message about climate change). I did also write my dissertation on 2001: A Space Odyssey...prob a crowning achievement of an otherwise fairly useless degree.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• crazy_cat_ladycrazy_cat_lady Forumite
    6.7K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Think I put most of it back on while I was away f0xh0les :rotfl: but I have gotten home, gotten straight back on with it and am praying to the gods of 'water retention'. It'll be so amazing when you get into the next stone down - motivates you to keep going.

I'm very late to this topic of conversation, but my sister is a lecturer at Sunderland university (in a different department). They've filled the place so full with students on the courses they want that she has to deliver some of her lectures between 6 and 8pm. Not a happy bunny at all because they want more students but won't invest in more space to teach them...
    NST September #8
    Working hard to pay off my debt
    New start after lockdown
    3.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Good News: The first number is 13!!! the second number is 13 as well, but it is still less than 14 so:j. Silly puny tiny DD went out (I always forget about it) so now my budget is £3.19. It is a charity donation.

All food is from stores today - the kids requested a cooked breakfast, so that is what they are getting, sausages, beans, mush, hash browns toast, potato cakes, tomatoes, and their own bodyweight in ketchup. 3 of their 5 a day. Possibly 4 if DS3 has a nosebag of brown sauce.
    DS2 is upstairs in bed. He has refused to do anything about his cough since before Xmas, and has been pouring his medicinal drinks down the sink. Now he is so bad there is no way I could send him into school. He is in bed with a hot water bottle, watching tv, he had a lemon drink this morning- I had to stand and watch him drink it , after the school run I made him a frozen banana and cocoa milkshake, have dosed him with cough mixture, made him a hot cordial, and he is happy enough but coughing like crazy. I am tired as he coughed all night again. 15 years old and his own worst enemy. Nearly time for another lemon drink. :( I feel like a prison warden. He is loving the attention (I am sure he has some sort of tests at school this week :mad:) Stupid Muppet.

DS4 is under the dentist after school today (joy!) and DH is out late 3 nights this week, so I can feed the kids early and get everything cleared up.
    Anyway, absolutely yonks ago I picked up a beige coloured duvet and 2 pillowcases at a jumble sale or something. I only remember thinking it would dye up well if nothing else. Anyway, the colour was neutral (tea stain beige) and it was made of fabric, so it came to live with me and was lost, but I rediscovered it in a box in the Bathroom of Doom last week . It is currently in the washing machine with a rediscovered tub of turquoise dyl0n and hopefully it will all work out nicely and I will have another double duvet set for the boys' rooms. So although I am tied to the house, playing Florence to DS1, I have cleaned the kitchen, done the laundry and am getting on with the small stuff.
    E/F £14,000 + K/F £2,100