Alcoholic Drinks at party

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Special Occasions & Other Celebrations
2 replies 618 views
IAmSpartacusIAmSpartacus Forumite
3 Posts
MoneySaving Newbie
I'm organising a 50th Birthday party for my girlfriend. It going to be at my house, about 100 people. Can anyone suggest a cheap method of purchasing the Alcohol (driving to France not an option)? its mainly wine and beer (not cans and reasonable stuff). I had thought about getting Kegs but when you factor in equiptment and delivery the per litre costs creep up & glasses are required. Supermarket delivery is another option but maybe someone has done this before and has some good ideas? Cheers
::beer:

Replies

• Owain_MoneysaverOwain_Moneysaver Forumite
    11.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Majestic do free delivery over £150, free glass loan, and can arrange ice and chiller bin hire. They also do Sale and Return on all wine and un-split cases of beer or cider.

If you want reasonable beer in bottles try a local brewery. Cask Ale can be dispensed from the cask without pressure and with minimal cooling if you have a cool location or cooling mat.

If you're in the South of England keg equipment hire is £65+VAT and a keg about £150+VAT from here whcih works out about £3.50 a pint (of Fosters, but per pint better lagers aren't much more per keg)

This being MSE of course the answer is tell the guests to bring a bottle.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • Sharon87Sharon87 Forumite
    4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can get 5L kegs from supermarkets. I believe you don't need an additional tap for them.

You'll need glasses for wine anyway, unless you drink from plastic ones - which aren't as environmentally friendly, but are cheaper.

For wine - try Aldi, they have some good wines for a reasonable price. Or take advantage of the wine delivery services - usually they have a 40% off offer to join their 'wine club', which you can cancel before the first month. See if you can get a voucher code for Virgin, Majestic or Laithwaites.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals