»

Warning - HMRC hoax calls to mobiles. - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

Welcome to the new MSE Forum!

If you were registered on the old Forum BEFORE 6th February 2020, you will need to reset your password (here) before you are able to log in. When you've reset your password, you can close this message with the 'X' in the top-right corner to make it disappear. If you need any help getting started, click here.

Warning - HMRC hoax calls to mobiles.

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
15 replies 1.5K views
2»

Replies

• DD265DD265
    1.9K posts
    Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 1000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I got an email last year saying I owed them £20k tax from 2018-19. I wish I were paid enough to be paying £20k in tax :rotfl:
  • DoaMDoaM
    9.1K posts
    Forumite
    5000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got a text the other day saying I was due a tax refund, and to follow the link in the text. It was an obvious fake HMRC link ... they obviously thought having HMRC in the link would fool me. ;)

Unfortunately enough people would be fooled into following it to make it worthwhile. :(
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
  • DoaMDoaM
    9.1K posts
    Forumite
    5000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    And I've finally had my first ever :spam: HMRC recorded message call to my mobile! :)

+33 782 702253 ... as if HMRC are going to call you from a French number! :D
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
  • Blackbeard_of_PerranporthBlackbeard_of_Perranporth
    6.8K posts
    Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 5000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just checked my junk email and surprised to see last week someone said I am due a refund of tax, all they want is my card details!
    Cardiac Arrest - Electrical - Patient unconscious! Heart Attack - Plumbing - Patient conscious!
    Defibrillators Cannot Cure a Heart Attack!
  • hollydayshollydays
    19.3K posts
    Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get loads of phishing from Apple