New Post Advanced Search

Welcome to the new MSE Forum!

If you were registered on the old Forum BEFORE 6th February 2020, you will need to reset your password (here) before you are able to log in. When you've reset your password, you can close this message with the 'X' in the top-right corner to make it disappear. If you need any help getting started, click here.

Probate form PA1P

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Deaths, Funerals & Probate
3 replies 378 views
hihosilverhihosilver
14 posts
Forumite
Tenth Anniversary
MoneySaving Newbie
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Deaths, Funerals & Probate
Good Afternoon everyone
One of the executors on my mother in laws will has decided not to apply, he has chosen reason " C" on the form which says "Power reserved " they have chosen not to apply, but reserve the right to do so later. It says I must notify them of the application in writing. How do I word the letter ? Thank you.

Replies

• hihosilverhihosilver
    14 posts
    Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Thanks for your reply, much appreciated
  • xylophonexylophone
    32.8K posts
    Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 25000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It says I must notify them of the application in writing. How do I word the letter ?

How about

Dear John Smith,

Re Will of Mrs Ann Mary Jones dec'd

As you are a named executor who has chosen to have "power reserved", HMRC require me to advise you in writing that I (as first (second etc) named executor) have now applied for probate of Mrs Jones's will.

I shall write to you again when probate has been granted.

Yours sincerely,

H. Silver
  • hihosilverhihosilver
    14 posts
    Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Thanks again xylophone that sounds perfect.