New Post Advanced Search

Welcome to the new MSE Forum!

If you were registered on the old Forum BEFORE 6th February 2020, you will need to reset your password (here) before you are able to log in. When you've reset your password, you can close this message with the 'X' in the top-right corner to make it disappear. If you need any help getting started, click here.

Defence assistance

50 replies 1.4K views
1235»

Replies

• ReadytowinReadytowin
    28 posts
    Forumite
    10 Posts
    Hi everyone! So I have progression on my case...
    I have received a "Notice of allocation to the Small Claims Track"... it says the claimaint needs to pay a fee and if it isnt paid then the claim will be struck out... I'm assuming thats normal and that they will pay.

So just to check this all sounds usual and the next step is to send my witness statement and evidence within 14 days before the court date right? :grin:

A link to the front covering letter of the notice can be found here: https://ibb.co/6R2pDNW
  • edited 15 January at 5:37PM
    Le_KirkLe_Kirk
    8.6K posts
    Forumite
    5000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 15 January at 5:37PM
    All very standard. You file and serve according to the instructions (sometimes on the back of the letter). Don't assume it is 14 days and, particularly as there are only about 21 days to go, get cracking on the WS and evidence.
  • ReadytowinReadytowin
    28 posts
    Forumite
    10 Posts
    Perfect! Thank you. Just to confirm, this one does still say 14 days.
    Will keep this updated! Court date is in March. Wish me luck!
  • Le_KirkLe_Kirk
    8.6K posts
    Forumite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Readytowin wrote: »
    Perfect! Thank you. Just to confirm, this one does still say 14 days.
    Will keep this updated! Court date is in March. Wish me luck!
    OK, if only I could count - missed out a whole month there! Good luck. Don't forget to post your WS and evidence here for critique if you want.
  • CastleCastle
    2.6K posts
    Forumite
    2500 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Le_Kirk wrote: »
    OK, if only I could count - missed out a whole month there! Good luck. Don't forget to post your WS and evidence here for critique if you want.
    Perfect for a job at POPLA.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    82.2K posts
    Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 50000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    In the meantime, you may have missed a trick due to your absence, hope I am wrong.

You've not been here since August, so unless you've been keeping up with the forum (I hope you have) you maybe missed what happened at Southampton court, that you can use against the falsely added £60 in your own case (read the thread by CEC16) and you may have also missed that we always now tell people to file & serve their costs schedule in advance, too.

Also read wins, by keyword search: ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ReadytowinReadytowin
    28 posts
    Forumite
    10 Posts
    Thank you so much for the replies, and not to worry about the mistake with time frame Le_Kirk, it's January, no one knows where they are for the first few weeks of the year! Haha.

Thanks Coupon-mad for the info, I hadnt seen the Southampton case, I will look it up. Also will be aware to make a note of my costs in advance...

I will do some digging / updating myself on threads, write a witness statement and definitely post here for critique.

Thanks again!!
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    82.2K posts
    Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 50000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, show us your WS, costs schedule and supplementary WS about the added costs.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • edited 8 February at 2:41PM
    ReadytowinReadytowin
    28 posts
    Forumite
    10 Posts
    edited 8 February at 2:41PM
    I have news....
    I received in the post a "Notice of discontinuance".... sounds like they are retracting the entire claim before the court date which was due 3rd March!!!
    ANOTHER WIN AGAINST BW LEGAL!
    Thank you all so much for your help and support, I couldnt have done it without you!
  • Le_KirkLe_Kirk
    8.6K posts
    Forumite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well done, a win.