»

is it usual to get a request to complete another income and expenditure form during bankruptcy

New Post Advanced Search

Welcome to the new MSE Forum!

If you were registered on the old Forum BEFORE 6th February 2020, you will need to reset your password (here) before you are able to log in. When you've reset your password, you can close this message with the 'X' in the top-right corner to make it disappear. If you need any help getting started, click here.

is it usual to get a request to complete another income and expenditure form during bankruptcy

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Bankruptcy & Living With It
2 replies 610 views
wandablakewandablake
11 posts
Forumite
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Bankruptcy & Living With It
Hi

I went bankrupt a few months ago and completed the forms detailing income and expenditure as part of the application process. I went through these details with the OR during the telephone interview. He told me that it would take 12 weeks to produce the report for creditors and he would contact me if there were any further questions.

Now 15 weeks later, I have been sent by post a copy of an income and expenditure form to complete with a request for wage slips, it looks identical to the one on the application for bankruptcy online form. The letter is from the Insolvency Office but not the OR who interviewed me. I am aware that I have to tell the OR of any change in financial circumstances but there have been no changes since my bankruptcy was granted.

Any idea why I would get this letter when I have already given the info as part of the application process? The letter does not give any info other than a request for wage slips an instruction to complete the questionnaire. It has a generic format.

I was hoping that I would have no further contact with the OR unless something changed in my circumstances. Now I am wondering whether the OR will be intermittently sending out further letters during the year.

Replies

• RattyIrkRattyIrk
    50 posts
    Forumite
    10 Posts
    Sounds like their standard follow up form to be honest so don't worry. It sounds like the OR just has a backlog so has taken a little while to send the form out.

Took them around 6 weeks after my interview with the OR.

Send it in and they will likely follow up several weeks after that with any questions.
  • luvchocolateluvchocolate
    2K posts
    Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Posts Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭✭
    I had a trustee due to property complications and they gave me one to complete at a meeting. I explained the one I filed with my B.R had not changed. They said that is fine no need to do another.