»

When is credit history cleared?

New Post Advanced Search

Welcome to the new MSE Forum!

If you were registered on the old Forum BEFORE 6th February 2020, you will need to reset your password (here) before you are able to log in. When you've reset your password, you can close this message with the 'X' in the top-right corner to make it disappear. If you need any help getting started, click here.

When is credit history cleared?

edited 15 January at 12:47PM in Debt-Free Wannabe
5 replies 376 views
ladaowner55ladaowner55
62 posts
Forumite
edited 15 January at 12:47PM in Debt-Free Wannabe
Long story, I failed to make payments on a debt between these dates (see below). Point to note I have since cleared this debt up.

1st April 2014 until 1st may 2016.

When do the come off my credit rating?

1st April 2020

or

1st may 2022

Replies

• Willing2LearnWilling2Learn
    5.4K posts
    Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 5000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is a lot of months where you haven't made you payments. Has the account been defaulted (as it probably should have been)? If so, then the account will be removed from your credit files, after six years from the date of default...
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smile:
  • yes been listed as defaulted and satisfied .

What 6 years should it be from

April 2014

or

May 2016

basically is it 6 years from the first default or from the last default?
    5.4K posts
    Forumite
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you look at your credit files, focussing in on this specific defaulted account, then the exact default date will always be listed.

If you are saying the account first defaulted in April 2014, then it will be automatically removed from your files in April 2020. :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

• edited 15 January at 1:15PM
    ladaowner55ladaowner55
    62 posts
    Forumite
    edited 15 January at 1:15PM
    last silly question.

ClearScore says the first recorded default was April 2014, so come April 2020 my credit record should be cleared of all defaults?
    5.4K posts
    Forumite
    ✭✭✭✭
    ClearScore says the first recorded default was April 2014, so come April 2020 my credit record should be cleared of all defaults?
    Correct... :)

I love my job