New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Late response to appeal

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
7 replies 147 views
JacharlouJacharlou Forumite
3 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
On December 12th 2019 I was given a PCN for using a loading bay. I was delivering articles to a charity shop and had to carry them around the block to the main entrance. On returning I had been ticketed, The ticket informed me how to appeal in writing to a PO Box allowing me 14 days to do so. I appealed also advising the agency that I required a response also within 14 days. After more than 23 days had passed I wrote to inform them as they had not had the courtesy to reply to my appeal within the timescale then the matter had remedied itself. After 10 days since the letter was sent a response came stating the offence that had been committed but if I sent a letter from the charity shop stating that I was delivering articles to them, then the agency would reconsider my case.They also have given me 14 days to respond.
Is this acceptable?

Replies

• RedxRedx Forumite
    31.3K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which parking company ?

If it was an offence , which laws are broken ?
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • foxy-stoatfoxy-stoat Forumite
    6.8K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would think that your requested time frame would not factor into anything or make your PCN invalid. I would go back to the charity shop and ask the manager to write a short letter stating that you were unloading bags and bags of free stock for them and hope the ticket gets cancelled.
  • JacharlouJacharlou Forumite
    3 posts
    Redx wrote: »
    Which parking company ?

If it was an offence , which laws are broken ?
    Parking services Cumbria County Council. Apparently the enforcement officer waited 5 minutes but witnessed no loading....and my car is a non-liveried vehicle.
  • JacharlouJacharlou Forumite
    3 posts
    foxy-stoat wrote: »
    I would think that your requested time frame would not factor into anything or make your PCN invalid. I would go back to the charity shop and ask the manager to write a short letter stating that you were unloading bags and bags of free stock for them and hope the ticket gets cancelled.
    I may be wrong but I believe under contract law or commerce law then time factors are legitimate tools
  • waamowaamo Forumite
    10.2K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As this is a council ticket you are better off posting on this site http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

It's dedicated to council tickets whereas this forum deals in private tickets
    This space for hire.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • nosferatu1001nosferatu1001 Forumite
    10.6K posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jacharlou wrote: »
    I may be wrong but I believe under contract law or commerce law then time factors are legitimate tools
    Good job this isnt either. Its decrim parking enforcement. TMA2004
    They are not bound by your timescales, obviously.
    Theyve given you an out, I suggest you use it. Before you lose the chance.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    90.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    After 10 days since the letter was sent a response came stating the offence that had been committed but if I sent a letter from the charity shop stating that I was delivering articles to them, then the agency would reconsider my case.They also have given me 14 days to respond.
    Is this acceptable?
    Yep, and the Council will then cancel it. Loading IS exempt but you have to evidence it.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD