»

Universal Credit With Holiday..

New Post Advanced Search

Welcome to the new MSE Forum!

If you were registered on the old Forum BEFORE 6th February 2020, you will need to reset your password (here) before you are able to log in. When you've reset your password, you can close this message with the 'X' in the top-right corner to make it disappear. If you need any help getting started, click here.

Universal Credit With Holiday..

edited 14 January at 6:56PM in Benefits & Tax Credits
3 replies 509 views
ukguy2kukguy2k
21 posts
Forumite
edited 14 January at 6:56PM in Benefits & Tax Credits
When claiming universal credit, do you need to sign off when going abroad on holiday for 7 days in Europe and do you need to reclaim when back.
Or do you just lose a weeks benefit and stay on Universal credit?

Also, will be able to apply for jobs online from phone while abroad for 7 days in Europe and receive job phone calls while abroad.

Replies

• tomtom256tomtom256
    1.4K posts
    Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    You tell them you are going away as you still need to comply with your commitments and then you continue to receive benefit as you can be out of the country for I think 28 days before it affects your claim.
  • calcotticalcotti
    4.7K posts
    Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 2500 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    tomtom256 wrote: »
    You tell them you are going away as you still need to comply with your commitments and then you continue to receive benefit as you can be out of the country for I think 28 days before it affects your claim.

Because it's UC I think it's a month rather than 28 days. But, as you say, you still have to carry out your UC commitments (if you have any).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • tomtom256tomtom256
    1.4K posts
    Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    calcotti wrote: »
    Because it's UC I think it's a month rather than 28 days. But, as you say, you still have to carry out your UC commitments (if you have any).

Yeah, I couldn't remember if it was 28 days or a calander month.