»

Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback - Page 163

New Post Advanced Search

Welcome to the new MSE Forum!

If you were registered on the old Forum BEFORE 6th February 2020, you will need to reset your password (here) before you are able to log in. When you've reset your password, you can close this message with the 'X' in the top-right corner to make it disappear. If you need any help getting started, click here.

Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback

edited 11 September 2017 at 12:59PM in Energy
1.7K replies 252.6K views
1160161163165166168

Replies

  • pochisoldipochisoldi
    182 posts
    Forumite
    Part of the Furniture
    Started the switch to Eon in November, switch completed 9th Dec.
    Bank details provided at switch time.

    Direct debit not set up at bank. Online account shows "Cash/Cheque".
    Tariff conditions state that S/C will go up by £45 for each fuel if direct debit is not in place.
    Online chat - they can't set up a direct debit without meter readings - not a problem - second property with zero gas/electric consumption over the last month.

    "The system" won't accept that no energy has been consumed, so after an hour of "online chat", no direct debit setiup, no indication of whether Eon are going to charge me extra for their mistake.

    So it looks like I'm locked into a further 11 months of hell with another energy supplier with broken IT systems.

    Is there a single energy provider which understands that it is possible to have a property with zero energy consumption?
  • joeblack9joeblack9
    16 posts
    Forumite
    Changed from eon on 24 Oct 2019 still waiting for final bill . Had to raise a complaint before Christmas, got an email after Christmas due to back office issues unable to resolve you complaint. Will email and update on 16th Jan. Utter rubbish and lies told everytime I phone .
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_MalcE.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Has MSE’s permission to post for company
    6.5K posts
    Organisation Representatives
    Part of the Furniture 5000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeeMe wrote: »
    Hi Malc and happy new year.
    Well just got another increased bill from british gas to be paid in 10 days, fed up now.


    Had to increase DD over the phone,and your post above bolded bit i think you mean old supplier


    Sorry SeeMe. You're right, I meant the old supplier. I've just edited my earlier post.

    Thank you.

    Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_MalcE.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Has MSE’s permission to post for company
    6.5K posts
    Organisation Representatives
    Part of the Furniture 5000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    pochisoldi wrote: »
    Started the switch to Eon in November, switch completed 9th Dec.
    Bank details provided at switch time.

    Direct debit not set up at bank. Online account shows "Cash/Cheque".
    Tariff conditions state that S/C will go up by £45 for each fuel if direct debit is not in place.
    Online chat - they can't set up a direct debit without meter readings - not a problem - second property with zero gas/electric consumption over the last month.

    "The system" won't accept that no energy has been consumed, so after an hour of "online chat", no direct debit setiup, no indication of whether Eon are going to charge me extra for their mistake.

    So it looks like I'm locked into a further 11 months of hell with another energy supplier with broken IT systems.

    Is there a single energy provider which understands that it is possible to have a property with zero energy consumption?


    Hello pochisoldi and thanks for joining us.

    I'm sorry you're having a problem setting up a Direct Debit. These need to be set up directly with us. This is usually done at the point a switch is started whether online or over the phone. Not sure why this didn't happen for you.

    Also, meter readings aren't needed to set up a Direct Debit only when amending an existing one. I'm sorry you were told this.

    As you've registered with our website, you can set up an arrangement by logging in and choosing 'set up a Direct Debit' from the Direct Debit tile on the landing page. You'll be asked to choose either a Variable or Monthly Direct Debit. Please choose the type you want and follow the on-screen instructions.

    Variable Direct Debits collect the full bill amount about two weeks after a bill is issued. Monthly Direct Debits spread the energy costs over a 12 month period. Both arrangements give cheaper prices for paying this way. As you say, other payment methods are more expensive.

    Whilst it's right, meter readings can't be entered online where there's been zero consumption, advisors can override this and enter them manually.

    Sorry again you've had these difficulties pochisoldi and that our Live Chatter didn't do as you asked. I'll feed this back.

    Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_MalcE.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Has MSE’s permission to post for company
    6.5K posts
    Organisation Representatives
    Part of the Furniture 5000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    joeblack9 wrote: »
    Changed from eon on 24 Oct 2019 still waiting for final bill . Had to raise a complaint before Christmas, got an email after Christmas due to back office issues unable to resolve you complaint. Will email and update on 16th Jan. Utter rubbish and lies told everytime I phone .


    Hello joeblack9 and sorry to lose you.

    We need to close your account to the same meter readings your new supplier uses to open their account. This makes sure the same energy isn't charged twice. The new supplier sends us these readings via a third party (Data Collector) who checks they're in line with past readings held for the property.

    If we haven't received anything 42 calendar days after the supply end date, we can start contacting the new supplier to move this forward. Once we've raised the final bill any credit balance will be refunded.

    Sorry for the delay joeblack9.

    Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • SaveMeDoSaveMeDo
    233 posts
    Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary
    ✭✭
    I signed up to E on 1 January, through Uswitch,





    Fix Online Exclusive v22
    About this electricity tariff
    Supplier E.ON (E.ON Energy Solutions Limited)
    Tariff name Fix Online Exclusive v22
    Tariff type Fixed price
    Payment method Monthly Direct Debit
    Unit rate Day rate 17.525p per kWh
    Night rate 9.293p per kWh
    Standing charge 5.64p per day
    Tariff ends on 12 month fixed term
    Price guaranteed until 12 month fixed term
    Exit fees (if you leave this plan early) £30.00
    Discount and additional charges Not applicable
    Additional products or services included Not applicable


    However, I cancelled the order when they said the switch would take place before my contract with OVO ended. I later tried to reorder the same deal, but I can't get Eon to do it.


    How do I reorder this deal?


    The chatbots can't do it.


    The email form doesn't work.


    The email address's just bounce.


    Lost patience waiting on the phone.


    Uswitch isn't answering either!


    I tried reordering through Uswitch, but Eon just cancelled the order.


    Can anyone from Eon help, pretty please?
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_MalcE.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Has MSE’s permission to post for company
    6.5K posts
    Organisation Representatives
    Part of the Furniture 5000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    SaveMeDo wrote: »
    I signed up to E on 1 January, through Uswitch,





    Fix Online Exclusive v22
    About this electricity tariff
    Supplier E.ON (E.ON Energy Solutions Limited)
    Tariff name Fix Online Exclusive v22
    Tariff type Fixed price
    Payment method Monthly Direct Debit
    Unit rate Day rate 17.525p per kWh
    Night rate 9.293p per kWh
    Standing charge 5.64p per day
    Tariff ends on 12 month fixed term
    Price guaranteed until 12 month fixed term
    Exit fees (if you leave this plan early) £30.00
    Discount and additional charges Not applicable
    Additional products or services included Not applicable


    However, I cancelled the order when they said the switch would take place before my contract with OVO ended. I later tried to reorder the same deal, but I can't get Eon to do it.


    How do I reorder this deal?


    The chatbots can't do it.


    The email form doesn't work.


    The email address's just bounce.


    Lost patience waiting on the phone.


    Uswitch isn't answering either!


    I tried reordering through Uswitch, but Eon just cancelled the order.


    Can anyone from Eon help, pretty please?


    Hello SaveMeDo and many thanks for your interest in joining us.

    Our Fix Online Exclusive (version 22) tariff is only available through Price Comparison sites like the Cheap Energy Club on MSE and uSwitch.

    It's not on our website and our advisors don't have the access to put through a switch for you.

    When you cancelled your first application, did you do this during the 14 day cooling off period? If you did, the Price Comparison sites should be able to put this through again.

    Hope this points you in the right direction SaveMeDo and thanks again for your interest.

    Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • SaveMeDoSaveMeDo
    233 posts
    Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Hi


    The switch seems to be going through now, I think Uswitch might have pushed it forward after I emailed them.


    Yes it was in the cooling off period.



    I have to say that Eon are not a very responsive company!


    Anyway, as long as I don't have any problems, it won't matter, will it.


    Cheers anyway.
  • BettieBettie
    1.1K posts
    Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I joined Eon last November . They were given readings. I can't access much of the Eon site now, maybe my IPad is too old but there's nowhere to enter readings or see any bills. I can see a gas bill on my phone and I'm being told to lower my DD . I did online chat and was told the electric has not been set up correctly and I need to phone the change of supplier team.
    After holding on for quite a while I gave up. . I'm worried about phoning 0345 numbers and the cost ! Is there any freephone number ? Or any other way to contact and get this sorted ? I feel I've wasted my afternoon
  • littlewrenlittlewren
    1.9K posts
    Forumite
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭
    Bettie wrote: »
    I joined Eon last November . They were given readings. I can't access much of the Eon site now, maybe my IPad is too old but there's nowhere to enter readings or see any bills. I can see a gas bill on my phone and I'm being told to lower my DD . I did online chat and was told the electric has not been set up correctly and I need to phone the change of supplier team.
    After holding on for quite a while I gave up. . I'm worried about phoning 0345 numbers and the cost ! Is there any freephone number ? Or any other way to contact and get this sorted ? I feel I've wasted my afternoon

    I can't help you with your query, but have you heard of WEQ4U? It's an app you put on your phone, you dial the number through them and if you're put in a queue, you press a certain number for WEQ4U to keep the number active, your phone will disconnect and then reconnect when you reach the top of the queue. It's a brilliant app, I've been using it for years. I had to cancel an appt at the hospital a few weeks ago, I would have waited nearly an hour if I'd done it the normal way, but using WE4U cut it down to just a couple of minutes.
    Money, money, money, must be funny, in the rich man's World!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms