IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Britania Parking PCN - Bournemouth

Replies

• Icicle_BoyIcicle_Boy Forumite
    20 Posts
    Forumite
    Update: Hearing today in Reading and I won the case!!! Will provide a blow by blow account at a later date but to anyone who is contemplating going all the way with unjust and unreasonable PCNs; do it!!! I found it weirdly exhilarating and had an adrenalin rush which helped in my confidence and performance.

I would not have been able to achieve this victory and awarded costs of £100 without the help and support of Beamerguy and Coupon-mad, who more or less scripted the way the proceedings would be conducted, which helped in the way I presented my defence. They are absolute stars and this victory is dedicated to them and all who facilitate this wonderful forum. Few drinks tonight and a family pizza meal tomorrow evening!!!!
  • Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    18.4K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Well done and wherever you go for your celebrations ........... be careful where you park!
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    38.1K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    well done

yet another Britannia one bites the dust

must be 6 or 8 winners this week on here , and unfortunately one loser , Judge Bingo ?

It stands to reason that not all these parking charges are owed, given how many win in court (yes I know the PPC,s play the odds game)

the sooner there is regulation , the better
  • beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Redx wrote: »
    well done

yet another Britannia one bites the dust

must be 6 or 8 winners this week on here , and unfortunately one loser , Judge Bingo ?

It stands to reason that not all these parking charges are owed, given how many win in court (yes I know the PPC,s play the odds game)

the sooner there is regulation , the better

Redx, these legals suffer with a major flaw and that was plainly seen today ..... however, i will not publish the flaw here, if they don't know by now, they never will
  • edited 9 August 2020 at 7:05PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    108.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 9 August 2020 at 7:05PM
    Brilliant! I hear from beamerguy that the issues were twofold:

1: The car park did not look like a car park
    2: Wrong entity issued the ticket.

The second point we were ready for and had identified last week. I will publish this flaw as people need to know to still look out for this in Britannia cases as it is still cropping up sometimes.

Shockingly, as I pointed out to beamerguy when we discussed it in advance of today, there was something 'cropped' in the WS and evidence.

The WS said: ''for the avoidance of doubt, Britannia Parking are part of the Britannia Parking Group Ltd'' and someone had attached the NTK and all the letters.

But...negligently...using each letter to cover up the footer on every single one above it in the stack...then chopped off the bottom one.

Guess what was actually on the footer of each Britannia letter that neither the D nor the court was meant to notice?

Yep the Britannia Parking Group Ltd company name and number.

Problem for them was, the contract at this site is in the name of Britannia Parking Services Ltd and gave their (completely different of course) company number.

Would love to read the full court report, nicely done, Icicle Boy and beamerguy.

ANOTHER BRITANNIA ONE BITES THE DUST!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • CastleCastle Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Coupon-mad wrote: »

Step forward and take a bow, paralegal Jackson Yamba, for BW Legal.

He had written ''for the avoidance of doubt, Britannia Parking are part of the Britannia Parking Group Ltd'' and someone had attached the NTK and all the letters, carefully or negligently (somehow, but very obviously) using each letter to cover up the footer on every single one above it in the stack, then chopped off the bottom one.
    As "Britannia Parking" is just a trading name, not a legal entity; it cannot be part of anything.
  • edited 8 August 2020 at 12:38AM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    108.6K Posts
    Forumite
    edited 8 August 2020 at 12:38AM
    Indeed, but the two Ltd companies were the problem.

I have never seen evidence overlaid like that before. NEVER.
    20 Posts
    Forumite
    Thanks Coupon-mad! I surprised myself actually regarding the car park not looking like a car park and the Judge almost threw the case out on that point but the legal advocate for BW Legal actually managed to convince the judge otherwise.

It really was brilliant when I presented to the Judge Companies House entries for all the related Britannia companies, with their company numbers, which showed a different company had issued the PCN to the company who were authorised to do so by the landowners!!! I felt marginally sorry for the poor advocate who simply did not receive proper instructions from BW Legal, so he simply had no answers! Brilliant work Coupon-mad and beamerman! You gave me the ammunition and I used it.

As you know I emailed BW Legal with this information on Sunday with a request to settle out of court. I produced a copy of this mail to the Judge and then it was game, set and match! BW Legal did not respond to my mail and left the poor advocate floundering!

I did not get a chance to submit my abuse of process evidence, to the disappointment of Beamerman!!!

Of course, you can have my paperwork, cos if it helps others, that’s what this forum is all about!!!!
    20 Posts
    Forumite
    Beamerguy not beamerman!!!!
  • edited 8 August 2020 at 12:39AM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    108.6K Posts
    Forumite
    edited 8 August 2020 at 12:39AM
    We can chat about this off forum.