Im an ex employee RBS Group
However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own

Replies

• MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    6.3K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its been around for a few years.

Still can't do online banking eg set up standing orders, transfer money etc, it all has to be done by phone or in a branch; I'd hoped they would have sorted it by now.
  • xlnc99xlnc99 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I believe they can do all these things. They have taken over clydesable bank, i have seen emails/notifications (i have a clyesdale bank account) that in december it will all be changed to Virgin and u can operate the account in the same way, i.e online, app etc
  • MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    6.3K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    The essential current account doesn't, as I've just double checked.
  • MDMDMDMD Forumite
    603 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    It’s basically the “B” account that Clydesdale have renamed Virgin after the takeover.
  • xlnc99xlnc99 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Yes that is the one. The B account i got it about 5 months ago and then was informed a month after virgin are taking over. Then as more and more emails came through finally they said by December it will be all Virgin but my online stuff info direct debits etc will all be the same

so it looks like virgin are upping their game
  • xlnc99xlnc99 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    ✭✭✭

Really odd then. Not sure whats going on. I think they may well start soon
  • ErgatesErgates Forumite
    842 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    xlnc99 wrote: »
    I believe they can do all these things. They have taken over clydesable bank, i have seen emails/notifications (i have a clyesdale bank account) that in december it will all be changed to Virgin and u can operate the account in the same way, i.e online, app etc

Clydesdale bought Virgin, but otherwise yeah.
  • xlnc99xlnc99 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    oh really, i assumed it was the other way round due to the name change of Virgin. Strange one that
  • FrogletinaFrogletina Forumite
    3.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've still got the Yorkshire Direct account which pays 1.5% on up to £3000, but is no longer on sale. I expect it will soon be closed.

Terms say that you have to pay in £1000 a month to get interest, but I'm still getting interest, despite not paying £1000 a month for over 2 years.

I started this year with £5.12 in the account and it's increasing by a penny a month :rotfl:
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 #441 £1567.31 SPC 9 #441 £1014.64 SPC 10 #441 £1164.13 SPC 11 #441 £1598.15 SPC 12 #63 994.67
    :staradmin :staradmin :staradmin :staradmin :staradmin :staradmin :staradmin :staradmin :staradmin
  • SnowTigerSnowTiger Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭

Virgin's new account appears to be a relaunch of Clydesdale Bank's B account.

I have a Virgin Essentials account. Online features are extremely limited. And to open it I had to sit through an interview that lasted for over an hour at one of Virgin's Money Stores.