»

Refused what should I do - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

Welcome to the new MSE Forum!

If you were registered on the old Forum BEFORE 6th February 2020, you will need to reset your password (here) before you are able to log in. When you've reset your password, you can close this message with the 'X' in the top-right corner to make it disappear. If you need any help getting started, click here.

Refused what should I do

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Credit File & Ratings
15 replies 1.2K views
2»

Replies

• Ben8282 wrote: »
    My feeling is still that this is something specific to 3, probably due to your trying to open a second account so soon after opening the first, rather than due to any adverse information suddenly appearing on your credit files.
    Have you actually called them to ask about the problem? It may be something really silly (like two accounts for one address not being allowed or something equally unfathomable) and they might be able to add the broadband on to the existing account.
    You didn't need to renew the TalkTalk contract. The service would just have continued out of contract leaving you free to change providers without having to serve a whole new contract minimum term.

I see what you mean, yes it's just their system and probably not a credit check failure. Pleased you said that about TT as they have given me lots of problems. They repeatedly agreed that the contract would not automatically renew so did nothing, then today they were saying I would have to pay another month as they needed 30 days notice to quit. Agree with you, when a contract ends it ends and that's it. Didn't want to back down and sign up for another 24 months but was worried no one give me broadband, not that I needed credit as I would have paid 3 up front if they had asked, to solve the problem.
  • whitejohn wrote: »
    I see what you mean, yes it's just their system and probably not a credit check failure. Pleased you said that about TT as they have given me lots of problems. They repeatedly agreed that the contract would not automatically renew so did nothing, then today they were saying I would have to pay another month as they needed 30 days notice to quit. Agree with you, when a contract ends it ends and that's it. Didn't want to back down and sign up for another 24 months but was worried no one give me broadband, not that I needed credit as I would have paid 3 up front if they had asked, to solve the problem.

Yes I did say what can we do to solve the problem but they just said nothing we can do about credit problems.
  • Ben8282Ben8282 PPR
    4.8K posts
    PPR
    Newshound!
    ✭✭✭✭
    whitejohn wrote: »
    Yes I did say what can we do to solve the problem but they just said nothing we can do about credit problems.
    They really sad that?
    Make a formal complaint about the defamatory remarks as you don't have credit problems and cancel contract ASAP.
  • No utility contract just ends !

If you could be bothered to read the Terms and Conditions, a fixed-price applies for the agreed period then you move onto a rolling month-to-month agreement at the standard price and are required to give 30 days notice to cancel.

Once the fixed period is over, ordering a service from another company using similar infrastructure negates the need for notice, the gaining provider takes over on an agreed date.

Imagine the chaos if your electricity or gas was cut off at the end of a 12 month contract !
  • No utility contract just ends !

If you could be bothered to read the Terms and Conditions, a fixed-price applies for the agreed period then you move onto a rolling month-to-month agreement at the standard price and are required to give 30 days notice to cancel.

Once the fixed period is over, ordering a service from another company using similar infrastructure negates the need for notice, the gaining provider takes over on an agreed date.

Imagine the chaos if your electricity or gas was cut off at the end of a 12 month contract !

Thanks, learnt something new there but I would have expected my gas and electric to go off if I ended my contract and didn't set up an alternative supplier, common sense