edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in I wanna buy-it or do-it
8 replies 1.8K views
moonpennymoonpenny Forumite
2.2K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in I wanna buy-it or do-it
I want to buy a Karcher window Washer.

It's for the inside of the windows and want it to be pretty lightweight.
Also, (the most important point) I have small depth top openers on windows so need a smaller blade for these.
Can anyone recommend a suitable model?

Replies

• PennywisePennywise Forumite
    13.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I wouldn't bother. We're on our 4th Karcher window washer. They're cheap and nasty. The electronics fail as they electrics aren't properly waterproofed which is a pretty major design flaw with a wet vacuum! We're only on our 4th because they last about a month and then we send it back to Amazon for a replacement as we can't get our money back. No idea how long Amazon will keep doing it. Karcher's customer service is abysmal - they refuse to replace as they're claiming it's customer mis-use. Look at the reviews on Amazon - lots of people have the same problem.
  • Pennywise wrote: »
    Personally, I wouldn't bother. We're on our 4th Karcher window washer. They're cheap and nasty. The electronics fail as they electrics aren't properly waterproofed which is a pretty major design flaw with a wet vacuum! We're only on our 4th because they last about a month and then we send it back to Amazon for a replacement as we can't get our money back. No idea how long Amazon will keep doing it. Karcher's customer service is abysmal - they refuse to replace as they're claiming it's customer mis-use. Look at the reviews on Amazon - lots of people have the same problem.

I've had the WV1 for four years and it's as good as it was when I first bought it. Reviews on Amazon are 87% 4 and 5 stars.
  • sarah1972sarah1972 Forumite, Board Guide
    16.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had the WV1 for four years and it's as good as it was when I first bought it. Reviews on Amazon are 87% 4 and 5 stars.

Exactly the same here with my WV2 , I love mine and its been going strong for years.

I am a cleaner and its invaluable for shower screens and mirrors.

OP the WV2 and I am sure other models come with 2 blade sizes, a large one and a nice small one.

Buy one, you certainly won't regret it.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards & Competitions
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • anotheruseranotheruser Forumite
    3K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got one, mostly free through cashback money.
    Not sure I'd buy one again. It's okay at what it does but not amazing.
    But saying that, it's usefulness is top notch.
  • savemoneysavemoney Forumite
    18.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine is at least 3 years old never had a issue with them nor water getting inside. Makes light work of drying windows and save a ton of time
  • 3secondmemory3secondmemory Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    sarah1972 wrote: »
    Exactly the same here with my WV2 , I love mine and its been going strong for years.

I am a cleaner and its invaluable for shower screens and mirrors.

OP the WV2 and I am sure other models come with 2 blade sizes, a large one and a nice small one.

Buy one, you certainly won't regret it.

Can you use it on tiles?
  • Ms_ChocaholicMs_Chocaholic Forumite
    11.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never had one but I wash our windows with a wet soapy (fairy liquid) cloth and a squeegee and they come up great every time.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • sarah1972sarah1972 Forumite, Board Guide
    16.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you use it on tiles?

I suppose you could although its a flat blade so not sure it would suck the water off of the grout which could then run down the tile and leave water marks.

Not tried to be honest.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards & Competitions
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND GUIDES

Balance transfer credit cards

Shift existing card debt to 0% interest for up to 31 months

MSE Guides