1.2K replies 92.1K views
1113114115116117119»

Replies

• scubaangelscubaangel Forumite
    6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    Day off.

Two loads of washing done, going to see if I can rearrange the airers to fit on the three heavy jumpers I still have in my wash basket and do those too.

Swagbucks has been smashed out quickly thanks to a pair of userzoom surveys for 100sb each (and all of 2 mins each). Going to focus on insta for the rest of the day as so far this year I've not had the max bonus at all (not since the double up promo finished at the end of last year!) and I've earned about $100 less there this year than last, I'll not get anywhere near matching last year but any small increase to the current total is a good thing - hideout seemed to have been running well for a couple of days so hopefully it'll still be being kind.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
    6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    A busy at work Christmas season is almost over!

Two runs to face this weekend in the mornings before my shifts (because I'm quite possibly mad).

Earnings has been slow, I've been trying to just enjoy the down time from work where I can.

Unfortunately unexpected expense monster paid a visit this morning, as when I went to get in my car the battery has drained itself again - It hadn't been a problem for a while but I decided it was time to just buy a new battery so at least if the same thing starts happening again I know its a car problem not a battery problem and we can start diagnosing electrical circuit problems.

I went to the local motorfactor rather than one of the big name car parts people, so the equivalent battery with the same warrenty cost me £20 less (excl installation as the male will be doing that later).
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where has the first month of the year gone?

Since replacing the car battery I've had no other vehicular issues happily.

I've had a couple of other small expenses though, my dedicated money making handset has been having battery issues lately so I've ordered a new battery for it £10 inc postage, rather than thinking about buying a new handset. In the meantime I've put most of the apps on to my active phone which is driving me mad as it means it's tied up running things like the SB video apps. I also relogged in to my attapoll account on my old iphone, have cashed out £3 something yesterday and already back up to £2.

I've downloaded my credit card provider apps to the old iphone too as it might be easier to keep track there rather than on my laptop - and if I'm keeping track better I'll pay more off. I went in to town yesterday and visited the bank who provide one of my balance transfer cards as since moving I can't find the card nor remember the log in details - my rough mental arithmatic says the card should have around £450-£500 outstanding on it which I reckon I can safely pay off on Feb from my salary - it'll mean I can up both my other balance carrying card set payments by £15 each.

Once I work that out it'll be time for a new SOA, and probably a new plan to pay off the debt.

At the moment I'm thinking switch all the direct debits to my main current account, pay myself a set amount each month in to my "spare" current account - currently used to pay off one of the cards from my online earnings. All online earnings, cashback and paypal withdrawals go in to a savings account with that bank so I can keep using that as a feeder and pay off chunks from that as and when I think there's a nice lump sum.

But more mulling no doubt will happen once I've done the SOA, and snowball calculations.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here