»

Paypal dispute - ebay digital item - how to go about this? £100 :(

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH
FOREIGN OFFICE TRAVEL ADVICE * FURLOUGH UPDATE * MORTGAGE LENDING

Paypal dispute - ebay digital item - how to go about this? £100 :(

6 replies 899 views
sunnisunni Forumite
783 posts
For a friend!!

She bought a digital item on Ebay and paid £100 via paypal for a money making system which is clearly not as described! The buyer is sending her emails on what to do and she is getting different results from what he's telling her!

From my knowledge I said I don't think Paypal will refund any of this but upon looking I found an article from Paypal ie. Buyer Protection now covers intangibles! Buyers purchasing intangible goods (such as digital goods) and services can now be covered by Buyer Protection, in the same way as they are for physical items. If a buyer claims they haven't received an eligible item or service or it was not as described they can open a claim with Paypal will review.

Yes I know £100 she paid and it's worth a try as this item is clearly not as described and the seller isn't selling this now! She asked him for a refund and he refused!

It's worth a try and will she open a dispute with Ebay or Paypal?

Replies