New Post Advanced Search

Met Parking Services

20 replies 629 views
2»

Replies

• Hi Coupon,

That specific search did not work, but already went through the thread. It took some time to find the specific instructions for persons who were too late to appeal and had not corresponded so far. There is some conflicting advice (eg do not respond to debt collectors vs respond robustly with cease and desist language), but enough to (hopefully) make a good and informed plan.
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    29.4K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If MET fail to issue a popla code then there is zero chance of appealing to popla , no code equals no appeal

For the 6.5 years I have been coming here we have been telling everyone to ignore the debt collectors , never to respond to debt collectors , it's that simple

The debt can be denied to the scammer PPC , robustly , as they have the power to cancel the PCN , ditto for the landowner

The parking is controlled by Asda head office in Leeds , so write a complaint on their website , raise a complaint option , you will get a complaint logged reference number

They have the power to cancel the PCN , although Parking Eye are their main contractor , not MET , but they do operate a few contractors with legacy agreements

Your points 1 and 2 and 3 are valid
    Point 4 is only valid if MET actually issue a popla code
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    86.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Coupon,

That specific search did not work, but already went through the thread.

It took some time to find the specific instructions for persons who were too late to appeal and had not corresponded so far. There is some conflicting advice (eg do not respond to debt collectors vs respond robustly with cease and desist language), but enough to (hopefully) make a good and informed plan.
    I don't understand.

What you describe there is the NEWBIES thread, not the one I mentioned.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hi everyone

I tried to speak with the store manager. He claims that the land is owened by another company (its a retail park) so he can't help. I can try to contact them but frankly I have no idea who they are and don't hold out much hope, given they dont have a big recognisable brand.

I wrote a draft to Met Parking, first asking for proof and then the right to appeal, on the basis that the correspondence was not passed to the recipient until months later (he had moved out). FYI I think they do have 'proof' at least photos that the car was where they said it was.

I decided not to engage with the Debt Recovery Agent for now, based on advice.
    86.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the retail park have a name but no website or 'contact us' that you can find?
  • Remarkably not. It is not a branded retail park. I visited the store again today in person and was redirected to the site management which I also visited in person today. The car park is available to all customers for the seven or so outlets nearby (restaurants, cinema etc.)

It is managed by a known letting agent who hold the contract with Met Parking. So there is the landowner, who hands over the management of the car park to a letting agent, who hire Met Parking. Ugh.

However the sign post for the car park clearly says 'Asda car park' which seems very misleading. You could absolutely assume you are entering a car park owned by Asda.
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    22.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is this car park?
    86.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The complaint goes to the letting agent, in writing. Has that been tried yet, saying how your family would have spent a four figure sum between them at those outlets this Christmas, New Year and including the January sales in the stores, but this horrendous, threatening fine from MET parking has shocked you all...so much so that you are frightened and angry and are planning not to dare to return if this is how genuine customers are treated.
  • No letter to the letting agent yet. There has been no response from the representative as yet (who said it would be looked into and followed up with a call.)

So far letters have gone to:

Asda branch and CEO
    Met Parking
    Debt Recovery Service.

No responses to any as of yet.

Next step will be letter to the letting agent.

Thank you very much for the advice!
  • edited 2 December 2019 at 7:36PM
    pogofishpogofish Forumite
    10.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 2 December 2019 at 7:36PM
    Why are you writing to DRP?

That is rank stupidity/fixation of the worst sort and will be a quite pointless waste of time.

Have you not read the Newbies Sticky?