in Debt Free Diaries
165 replies 10.6K views
1111213141517»

Replies

• savingholmessavingholmes Forumite
    19.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry your pain has been increasing. Sounds like a GP appointment would be a good way forward - either that or paying for physio.

Great news that your deposit is coming together well and that you are finding good properties around your desired price range.
    Target 1) Clear CC debt - SUCCESS 13/4/22 Target 2) Lose weight & get fit 3) Write regularly 3811342714/70000 words Book 2 4) Develop passive income streams 5) Get to £3K EF 6) Declutter 7) MFW starting at £201999 Nov 21 with 264 258 payments to go. Now £198132. 8) Mortgage neutral progress (via private pension starting value c£3643 Nov 21) extra payments £312 including tax relief
  • MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    14.3K Posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weekend update:

1. ICO rejected my complaint, as to be expected after I discovered I still had an account with T!

2. Cheque received from former DMC and paid in, should be cleared tomorrow.

3. No news on my divorce.

Positive ending for today:

1. Had a slip / fall in the bath yesterday. Been sofa bound since to rest up.

2. Knee is still !!!!!!ed, but as long as it's strapped and I use my stick I'm ok getting around.

Savingholmes - No point me going to the Dr as they can't give me anything stronger and me still work :( I was told that years ago. A few years ago I was also advised my body goes into overdrive when I hurt something due to the nerve damage throughout my body X

3. Had my MOT last week, get my car back tomorrow and be £445 poorer.

4. My review at work is this week, not last week. Going to look at my hours again as my boss doesn't like it taking me upto 90 minutes to get home.

I'm also going to attempt driving in when I get my car back, just in case that's quicker. Downside is I have to get in by 7.30 at the latest to get parking.

5. Had all my uni papers turn up this week as I put a reasonable adjustments request in for paper copies instead of on-line. My tutor also put a request in for me too.

6. Dropped my broker an email.

7. Looking at properties still, a few requirements I have are wet room / shower room. Ideally a bungalow, house, maisonette or upper flat (in that order).

The ones I have my eye on are still for sale :)
    14.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wednesday update:

1. Divorce granted and official paper received today :j:j:j

2. Requested the home buyers report on a house I'm interested in.

When that's received I will be able to make a decision as to whether it's viable to view.

3. Still in regular contact with my broker :shhh:

4. Bit of money moved to MSA's.

I can't get bring myself to start a thread in the saving for a deposit forum :o
  • savingholmessavingholmes Forumite
    19.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can stay here if you prefer it. Congratulations and commiserations on your divorce. I imagine you have mixed feelings about it. Hope you are feeling better after your tumble.
    Target 1) Clear CC debt - SUCCESS 13/4/22 Target 2) Lose weight & get fit 3) Write regularly 3811342714/70000 words Book 2 4) Develop passive income streams 5) Get to £3K EF 6) Declutter 7) MFW starting at £201999 Nov 21 with 264 258 payments to go. Now £198132. 8) Mortgage neutral progress (via private pension starting value c£3643 Nov 21) extra payments £312 including tax relief
    14.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can stay here if you prefer it. Congratulations and commiserations on your divorce. I imagine you have mixed feelings about it. Hope you are feeling better after your tumble.

I have started a new thread on the other forum.

I felt conflicted staying here as I've only the one currently unenforceable debt with a decent pot, but at the same time I felt conflicted starting the new thread due to having the pot and the old debt. However, I thought if I moved on, someone else would get the support when they needed it more than me.

The divorce is a strange one, as I walked away with nothing to avoid dragging it out, I knew it would be down to me to find an agent, find him solicitors etc and do everything in between to sell the house; perhaps that's what he wanted, or it could have been he inherited from his dad and panicked I would go for that! but he isn't my problem any more! In a way I am annoyed with myself for not going for 50%, especially as it would have made a huge difference with buying, but I don't have any guilt of leaving him with not a lot so close to retirement.

I don't feel 'sad' about the divorce, perhaps 'indifferent', but I don't know him anymore and didn't know him when I went for the last of my stuff earlier this year.

Life moves on, I have a wonderful guy I'm looking forward to to spending the rest of my life with,.

My knee is still bad, but I have it strapped up each day, at some point it might get better :D

I guess this is my sad goodbye post for this thread, I wouldn't have got this far without the support and having a place to ramble on, for that I say thank you to everyone for reading and / or commenting :j

Just in case anyone does want to watch the next series of moving forward, here is a link :rotfl:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6070911
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides